Nitesite NS200......a little gem.

hi bill

nice to see you back on the forum again :thumbs:

I wish you would of put this up earlier,as I may have been able to save you some cash?

and for a better product,due out early part of this year from Nite-hunter.com

but then you weren't to know that!

good luck with it bill,and lets hope you can get some decent footage up of those filthy rats :thumbs:

speak soon

regards

Davy

Hi Davey.

Cheer's me dear :thumbs:

Got to say, I am quite taken with the Nitesite, very impressed.

BUT.....if you know of somthing that can better it, I could be interested in that too.

Have to be quick though, Im picking up the Nitesite in the morning.

Got any details or pictures mate?

ATB.

Bill.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we've built our own and are in the middle of patent something else, according to un biased testers ours its better and will be cheaper, we shot a fox last night at 150yards clean kill and rabbits at

Hi all.   Been thinking of some night vision for a while now, and am going for the Nitesite NS200.   Being a person who needs to wear glasses all the time, this unit really appealed to me. It can

Hi Mick.     I did the battery test again, only this time on the max IR setting ( setting number 4 )   The unit ran solidly for 2hours and 20 mins on the one battery.   So using the unit on max

Posted Images

hi bill

nice to see you back on the forum again :thumbs:

I wish you would of put this up earlier,as I may have been able to save you some cash?

and for a better product,due out early part of this year from Nite-hunter.com

but then you weren't to know that!

good luck with it bill,and lets hope you can get some decent footage up of those filthy rats :thumbs:

speak soon

regards

Davy

Hi Davey.

Cheer's me dear :thumbs:

Got to say, I am quite taken with the Nitesite, very impressed.

BUT.....if you know of somthing that can better it, I could be interested in that too.

Have to be quick though, Im picking up the Nitesite in the morning.

Got any details or pictures mate?

ATB.

Bill.

hi bill

I am sorry buddy,no I haven't any pictures,but I can tell you this!

Nite-Hunter.com is making a very interesting unit,which I believe is going to put the Nite site look out of date.

going by what we,Si & I have tested for him so far is looking great! take my recent purchase the Nite-Hunter.com IR300MW laser, is the dogs dangles,and works really well with the Sony handy cam!

I wish I could tell you more but i am sworn to secrecy :blink:

a friend of mine is buying a Nite site Saturday?

I have told him to wait for the Nite-Hunter NV unit,but he is like a kid in a sweet shop! :laugh:

regards

Davy

Anyone else considering the Nitesight? I know that if you buy one from gunshopuk.co.uk there is an offer on. Not sure if its free delivery or extras free or what but if you email the adress on the site you get a reply with the details..

Dont know if thats of interest to anyone?

Edd

Aye up Davey.

I wish Night-Hunter well with his development, and I am sure it will be a cracking unit.

But I have to agree with Liam ( Iksopener ).....I think the Nitesite NS50 / NS200 will take some beating, at the moment anyway.

It will need to be somthing very special to knock it off the top spot.

Having said that, progress and new ideas are always being bettered, never keep up with it all :doh::laugh:

We may have the choice of another half dozen new design units in 6 months time :icon_eek: .

Looks like Ill be in my sweet shop in the morning :laugh::victory:

ATB.

Bill.

Aye up Davey.

I wish Night-Hunter well with his development, and I am sure it will be a cracking unit.

But I have to agree with Liam ( Iksopener ).....I think the Nitesite NS50 / NS200 will take some beating, at the moment anyway.

It will need to be somthing very special to knock it off the top spot.

Having said that, progress and new ideas are always being bettered, never keep up with it all :doh::laugh:

We may have the choice of another half dozen new design units in 6 months time :icon_eek: .

Looks like Ill be in my sweet shop in the morning :laugh::victory:

ATB.

Bill.

hi bill

yes! I understand buddy :thumbs:

we will just have to wait and see :hmm: like you say!there will be more products out I am sure!!

regards

Davy

Great news Bill,

The footage on the clip you posted looks really good mate, nice and clear and I'm sure that you will do very well with the unit, so best of luck from myself pal :thumbs:.

Its a shame I didn't know of your intentions to buy before though buddy due to as Davy as said we have already used and quickly trailed a digi add on unit in Sheffield from Nite - Hunter.com.

I will say a bit more than Davy as I've just been given permission by Anthony at Nite - Hunter.com to say that I as a military man and someone who uses gen 3 NV a lot can honestly say that this new unit is better than generation 3 NV and probably above.

This unit also records directly to a SD card as well so no need for other mobile player recorders.

Me and Davy actually looked at a pole on a hill at well over 600 yards in total darkness and could make it out with the unit through the rifle scope. We could read signs on a gate at a local fishing pond at over 300 yards.

We will be doing a full review on the unit very soon on VerminHuntersTV.

From what I'm hearing from Anthony this unit will be the unit that puts the NV community into a spin and will be the one all will want.

I also think its going to be quite cheap compared to other units but for the final price you will have to wait to see.

Regards

ATB

Si.

EDITED FOR THE NIGHT VISION FORUM LADS

over 600 yards in total darkness and could make it out with the unit through the rifle scope - This is the range we were told the pole was ranged at using a range finder from the rifle location to the top of the hill. It was dark when the pole was first mentioned so we never ranged it ourselves but took the distance for a true distance. The post was seen through the unit but it wasn't a bright image at this distance (I never said it was), just viewable to know it was a telegraph pole easily enough. If there would of been a wild animal there I.E fox, deer you would of seen eye shine easy enough to know something was there but no outline at this range would of been detected on anything smaller than a deer I reckon. The exact range I have just looked at on Google Earth is 436 yards to the pole on the hill. The pole can be seen if you zoom in close enough. 2 or 3 other people also witnessed this as well as myself.

The car and sign were at 300 yards - This was also told to us as had been ranged using a LRF and is correct. The exact range is 327 yards. At this range the picture was amazingly clear being a full and bright picture. 3 or 4 people as well as myself also witnessed this.

Regarding gen 3 and above, just so some of you know. I'm in the military lads (army to be precise) and I use regularly and have owned gen 3 NV equipment myself. I have used gen 3 on operations in sandy countries and probably have more proper experience with it than a lot of readers. Not being a engineer myself I don't know all the insides of what makes a good unit but I do know its comparabilities very well. I have also just borrowed a gen 3 NV piece at this moment from the army for other projects myself too and I can say with some experience that this new digi add on from Nite - Hunter with the IR on is very good and up to 327 yards as i have witnessed is as good as a gen 3 unit.

Hope this helps clear a few things up.

A proper fair and true review will be carried out within the next 2 to 3 weeks of the Digi spotter first followed by the Digi add on once Anthoni is happy with all its changes and its ready for us on VerminHuntersTV.

Will will be ranging distances correctly and looking at the units from a civilian night time animal watcher aspect, military covert operations aspect, hunting aspect and pack packers aspect so covering the whole marketing bracket.

Kind regards

Si Pittaway

post-2627-0-55154200-1327661104_thumb.jpg

post-2627-0-03275100-1327661109_thumb.jpg

Edited by zini

Hi Bill, you kept that quiet Buddy, even in the greenhouse the other night testing the nite hunter.com ir300 you said nowt. We'll sort zummit when the weather impoves,

cheers mucker,

atb Rich

Hi Rich.

As you know, I was thinking about getting the Pulsar N550 last year, but with my glasses, I thought better of it.

Only made my mind up yesterday on the nitesite NS200, and I am now glad I went that route.

Easy to use and see, I think it will be a great addition to the kit mate.

Weather looks bad tomorrow, but yes, we will sort somthing out soon.

ATB.

Bill

Hiya Si.

Cheers mate, Iooking forward to trying it out.

This new unit your testing sounds like the mutts nuts, and if its as cheap, and good as you say, it will do very well.

I like this particular unit, because I wear glasses all the time, so its simplicity in itself using the NS200, for me anyway.

I did look at the Pulsar N550 last year, but I must say, personaly, I think the image quality of the NS200 is by far the better of the two.

Also looked at the add on's but felt I would have the same problems with my glasses.

So not only am I left handed.....Im ferkin blind too :laugh:

Good luck with the trials, and sales of the Nite-Hunter product, Im sure it will be a nice bit of kit when it comes out.

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Bill, you kept that quiet Buddy, even in the greenhouse the other night testing the nite hunter.com ir300 you said nowt. We'll sort zummit when the weather impoves,

cheers mucker,

atb Rich

Hi Rich.

As you know, I was thinking about getting the Pulsar N550 last year, but with my glasses, I thought better of it.

Only made my mind up yesterday on the nitesite NS200, and I am now glad I went that route.

ATB.

Bill

hi bill

I will give you a tip here regarding the Nite site,if you can get your self some filter plastic "like they use to use in the disco lights"

and cut to size over the screen,this will not make your figure stand out so bright in the field! :thumbs:

unless they have already done it for you! :thumbs:

regards

Davy

Hiya Si.

Cheers mate, Iooking forward to trying it out.

This new unit your testing sounds like the mutts nuts, and if its as cheap, and good as you say, it will do very well.

I like this particular unit, because I wear glasses all the time, so its simplicity in itself using the NS200, for me anyway.

I did look at the Pulsar N550 last year, but I must say, personaly, I think the image quality of the NS200 is by far the better of the two.

Also looked at the add on's but felt I would have the same problems with my glasses.

So not only am I left handed.....Im ferkin blind too :laugh:

Good luck with the trials, and sales of the Nite-Hunter product, Im sure it will be a nice bit of kit when it comes out.

ATB.

Bill.

All fair and good points Bill and like I said, I really wish you all the best pal.

I wish I had the same unit in my kit as the NS200 buddy, to tell you the truth I'm a little envious of you pal as it does look a sexy bit of kit.

If it suits you and your happy with it then its a great deal pal so good luck and go whack them rats :boogy: .

Thanks for wishing us the best with the other trials.

ATB

Si.

cheers mucker,

atb Rich

Hi Rich.

ATB.

Bill

hi bill

I will give you a tip here regarding the Nite site,if you can get your self some filter plastic "like they use to use in the disco lights"

and cut to size over the screen,this will not make your figure stand out so bright in the field! :thumbs:

regards

Davy

Hi Davey.

Thanks for the thought mate :thumbs: , already in hand, sexy red too :laugh:

I have read about the effects of glare on the face from other user's of the NS200.

But they all say the same, it does not bother the bunnies or rats what so ever.

Will not hurt to try a filter on the screen though, be easier on the night vision too.

I use a face veil in day light, so it wouldnt hurt to wear one at night, that would cure the glare too.

When you think we still get kills using bright lights while lamping, I dont think a little glow will bother them too much.

ATB.

Bill.

cheers mucker,

atb Rich

Hi Rich.

ATB.

Bill

hi bill

regards

Davy

Hi Davey.

Thanks for the thought mate :thumbs: , already in hand, sexy red too :laugh:

I have read about the effects of glare on the face from other user's of the NS200.

But they all say the same, it does not bother the bunnies or rats what so ever.

Will not hurt to try a filter on the screen though, be easier on the night vision too.

I use a face veil in day light, so it wouldnt hurt to wear one at night, that would cure the glare too.

When you think we still get kills using bright lights while lamping, I dont think a little glow will bother them too much.

ATB.

Bill.

hi bill

nice one :thumbs:

but before you put the face vail on, take off that fooking mask!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

good luck buddy :thumbs:

Davy