Nitesite NS200......a little gem.

Good luck in the grain stores mate, hope you get a few of the dirty little buckers.

ATB.

Bill.

Hello mate i had a really good night with 16 confirmed rat kills. My digi camera is dead so had to take pic on my coal fired mobile phone so will load pic up later when i get in from work.

I had a cool experience while shooting mate which i'd like to share..let me explain..

Before shooting i opened the doors on two of the big grain stores then went for a mooch around the small piggery for half an hour. I came back to one of the barns and shot a rat about 20 feet up on a roof beam. The rat dropped into the grain and a barn owl then swooped down and landed next to it and sat watching the rat twitching for a moment then had a munch before looking straight at me it then picked up the rat (which was easy a third of its size!) and flew off. It was a real jaw drop moment. :icon_eek::thumbs: and so cool to see. Just wish i had a dvr on the ns200 :cry:

Mick

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we've built our own and are in the middle of patent something else, according to un biased testers ours its better and will be cheaper, we shot a fox last night at 150yards clean kill and rabbits at

Hi all.   Been thinking of some night vision for a while now, and am going for the Nitesite NS200.   Being a person who needs to wear glasses all the time, this unit really appealed to me. It can

Hi Mick.     I did the battery test again, only this time on the max IR setting ( setting number 4 )   The unit ran solidly for 2hours and 20 mins on the one battery.   So using the unit on max

Posted Images

Hey Mick.

Another 16.......nice going, your tally is mounting up.

That must have been a brilliant experience seeing the Barn Owl comming down for the rat.

Would have made some terrific footage :yes:

Look forward to the pictures,...........when you have stoked your phone :D

bill.

we've built our own and are in the middle of patent something else, according to un biased testers ours its better and will be cheaper, we shot a fox last night at 150yards clean kill and rabbits at 100yards, also slightly more compact
you have my interest more detail would be appreciated. Regards

me too.........when do you think they will be available ??

Hers a pic of some of last nights rats not good i know my phone camera is terrible lol,!!

1329498856626.jpg

Hey Mick.

Just make em out mate........bloody coal cameras :laugh:;)

Switch to gas, it's quicker :laugh:

Bloody camera on the phone is only 1.2 mp and it shows lol!!

I have the ns200 and must say i really rate it. I have taken fox, rabbits and plenty of rats with the system. However I have brought a jxd 318 recording device but struggling to find the right lead to connect to the nite siote camera. Can anyone help please. I have tried a 3.5 jack to jack but device not recognising camera. It does work on an old cam corder I have but this is not digital and no good for putting on computer.

• Like 1

Hiya Jase.

Welcome mate.

Good to hear from another Nitesite user :thumbs:

Mick and myself are going through the same as you with regards to sorting out a DVR device :hmm:

Not being techy people we are muddling through.

I think Mick has spoken to a guy using the JXD 318 who has been taking footage with it sucessfully.

Be good to get some info up here from people who have sorted it.

Jase, how do you capture your video on the computer, do you need a editing suit of sorts?

As I said.....not very techy mate :laugh::icon_redface: :icon_redface:

ATB.

Bill.

I have the ns200 and must say i really rate it. I have taken fox, rabbits and plenty of rats with the system. However I have brought a jxd 318 recording device but struggling to find the right lead to connect to the nite siote camera. Can anyone help please. I have tried a 3.5 jack to jack but device not recognising camera. It does work on an old cam corder I have but this is not digital and no good for putting on computer.

Hello and welcome as Bill (sweeney-todd) has already said im also a nitesite user and have seen someone on Youtube using a jxd 318 successfully with his ns200 but downside is he didnt explain what leads he was using :hmm: I thought you just needed a 3.5mm av in -av out lead but as you have tried this already im stumped as to what to suggest...?

Mick

i used a jxd 318 with my a Digital Aspro along time ago and i was getting good results

Hi ukhunter.

Thanks for your input, always good to hear from people that have used and been sucessfull with different bits of kit. :thumbs:

Not being a techy person here :whistling::D can you explain how you captured your recording to your computer from the JXD

Then how you put that either onto a forum or youtube?

Do you need a editing suit, is it essential to have a suit?

Sorry to bombard you with questions mate :D:thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

• Like 1

i used a jxd 318 with my a Digital Aspro along time ago and i was getting good results

Hi ukhunter.

Thanks for your input, always good to hear from people that have used and been sucessfull with different bits of kit. :thumbs:

Not being a techy person here :whistling::D can you explain how you captured your recording to your computer from the JXD

Then how you put that either onto a forum or youtube?

Do you need a editing suit, is it essential to have a suit?

Sorry to bombard you with questions mate :D:thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Bill,

the guy ive pm'd on another forum about the jxd leads said that he had to make a set up to enable him to link the jxd to the nitesite. Said he was possibley thinking of putting a vid up on youtube to explain how..

Mick