Excellent! :good: Glad you found your way down to Marloes sands, it's stunning IMO. One of the prettiest beaches we have to offer. They filmed there a few months back for a new film - Snow White and the Huntsman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_White_%26_the_Huntsman

Where is the small harbour?

If I may? :D

The black and white one is Tenby harbour, the other one I think is Solva.

The first islet in the pictures is called Gateholm, it's off Marloes sands, the second one with the Victorian fort is called St Catherine's Island which is off the castle beach in Tenby.

The First one after the surfer is lower fishguard

B&W one is indeed tenby

and the one with the single boat there is Solva :thumbs:

The one with the bloke kite surfing was taken at newgale.

The two pictures near the very bottom one of the dog - i dont know the area, they was taken on the way home,

but hopefully will stop there on the way for a walk round in june when we go back, as there are some stunning waterfalls comming down off the hills.

jsmith - the lurcher lying on the floor is a ped deerhound :thumbs:

great pics,

do you know what the building was on the rocky outcrop?

It's called St. Catherine's Island.

It's a Victorian fort known as one of 'Palmerston's follies'. :yes: It is one of 18 or so fortifications scattered about the county which were built to defend what was the royal dockyard in Pembroke Dock from possible French attack. By the time they were completed and all active, the threat from the French had subsided and they never fired a single shot. Some were used in WW2 as the Milford Haven waterway was used as an assembly point for the Atlantic convoys and was also a base for anti submarine Sunderland bombers.

That particular one was used as a private residence and also a zoo at various points in the past. It is now in private ownership and in a right fecking state.. :yes:

http://en.wikipedia....,_Milford_Haven

:thumbs:

had me honeymoon in wales,even played darts for the swansea team against cardiff,they changed me name and told me not to speak as theyd know I wasnt welsh and I won me game for them too.Out of 14 days in wales I was pissed 11 nights and vomited 4 mornings,lol.Fukin great place is wales,dan yogoff(I think)caves,Tenby beach,and the catholic club where there were very few catholics :laugh: Oh and a top chinese at the bottom of the hill where I was staying.I hardly had time to consumate the honeymoon period,but I managed it ok in the end.

The First one after the surfer is lower fishguard

B&W one is indeed tenby

and the one with the single boat there is Solva :thumbs:

The one with the bloke kite surfing was taken at newgale.

The two pictures near the very bottom one of the dog - i dont know the area, they was taken on the way home,

but hopefully will stop there on the way for a walk round in june when we go back, as there are some stunning waterfalls comming down off the hills.

jsmith - the lurcher lying on the floor is a ped deerhound :thumbs:

top photos glad you enjoyed west wales the shot of lower town fishguard brings back memories of my childhood holidays some 50ish years

ago i spent many an hour fishing for brown and sea trout in the gwain that flows into the harbour

and launching our family dingy off the outer slipway to fish for mackerel and pollock then bait fishing for skate and huss i will dig out some

old photos though some may be in black and white :icon_redface:

mike

The steps up to it Mal didnt look that good - didnt go up as tide was coming in and didnt want to be stuck

but they looked a little shakey to say the least, glad i never went up now, specaly if its private lol

Glad it brought back memories of your child hood Keeper

Dont matter if the photos are in B&W its what they show that counts :thumbs: