• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

get the garden hose ready!

tire the pup out with a bit of walking and playing, give it a good feed, and plenty of nice clean warm bedding in a draught proof kennel

it wont last long mate only about 2 wks

is he/she a bull x grey? looks similair to my bitch 3 mth old hates being left on her own and thats in the house she is getting better though takes time ,she slept in bedroom for a week now on landing then downstairs lol.if left in kitchen while out she shits but then goes in crate to sleep.

good luck atb :tongue2:

if locked in crate while out she shits then stamps init not good

is he/she a bull x grey? looks similair to my bitch 3 mth old hates being left on her own and thats in the house she is getting better though takes time ,she slept in bedroom for a week now on landing then downstairs lol.if left in kitchen while out she shits but then goes in crate to sleep.

good luck atb :tongue2:

if locked in crate while out she shits then stamps init not good

Saluki Grey x Bull Grey mate. 11 weeks old. He doesnt seem to be clingy at all, but He's only been with us a couple of days. Our patterdale had a habit of shitting and walking it all round his crate, but when he clicked on thats where he ate an slept he started holding it in!
  • Like 1

good luck mate mine did it for 4weeks cried all night and slept all day, it had to go but went to a home where it was kennelled with another dog and then was fine

Thats a shame mate. We've been offered a 3 year old working bull x minshaw so if it does turn into a problem we could always go down the route of pairing them up.
  • Like 1

thought about getting a terrier or some thing to go in with it but then I would have been getting it for the wrong reasons, was it bred and kenneled out side or been kept in? I was told to try a radio but dint work for me, good luck mate

thought about getting a terrier or some thing to go in with it but then I would have been getting it for the wrong reasons, was it bred and kenneled out side or been kept in? I was told to try a radio but dint work for me, good luck mate

its been outside all of its short life, thankfully. He's still quiet now! :boogy:
  • Like 1

A ticking clock in it's bed sometimes works coz it is like a hartbeat

I also used to chuck a stone at the side of the kennel so it banged all I have to do now is pretend to pik p a stone

I like the sound of the ticking clock method there.
  • Like 1

what you have to remember is, your pup has been taken away from all it has ever known since it was born, it's litter mates, mother and safe/ comfortable enviroment, it has then been put into a kennel on it's own. Give it a few days and it should settle in, can you let it out the kennel into your yard during the day to walk about? if so, i found this to work well to stop them whining during the day, at night try putting a radio in the kennel, if that doesn't work, try the hose, but don't soak the pup, spray the hose a couple of feet away from it, after a couple of times doing this it should settle down, try not to keep bringing the pup in and out the kennel at night as this just defeats the whole purpose all together, best of luck and stay calm, maybe be a good idea to call into neighbour and explain the situation. atb.