first cross

What is the best first cross you have worked or seen work , be it a saluki grey, collie grey bull grey etc, I think it will be interesting to see what most people choose because in certain parts of the country you can guarantee there will be no working collies or bulls to put to a bitch.. So do people breed pet to worker and keep there fingers crossed for a good outcome

I don't understand your bit about "certain parts of the country" ? This country is small enough to travel any where to get the right dog. Anyone who would use a "pet", instead of travelling for the right stud shouldn't be breeding dogs.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 3

a lot of peoplel i think use non worker as thats why there so much tripe going about i mean look at som e of the big old scottish deerhounds un worked collies .over muscled pit bulls , show pony saluks , greyhouhds who are not to clever. whippets that are fine no real pace etc not like proper whippet racing type , its a sad fact that only clever types of hunters are useing good to good , or champ to proven workers , i wouldnt breed a litter of first crosses unles noth parents are well worked as you never find good pionts until tested or bad pionts

• Like 3

Should of re fraised In certain parts of the country.. Just if a working stud was not available not everyone has a working pure available on the door step and can only travel within reason,

Then why would they want to breed a litter, if they couldn't use the best ?

Cheers.

• Like 2

a lot of peoplel i think use non worker as thats why there so much tripe going about i mean look at som e of the big old scottish deerhounds un worked collies .over muscled pit bulls , show pony saluks , greyhouhds who are not to clever. whippets that are fine no real pace etc not like proper whippet racing type , its a sad fact that only clever types of hunters are useing good to good , or champ to proven workers , i wouldnt breed a litter of first crosses unles noth parents are well worked as you never find good pionts until tested or bad pionts

whippets to fine , no pace, no pace fer what, rabbits, bullshit, ive got a little 22 lb bitch here, does the job fer me, cos i have put the graft in, in fact i have 3 all varying in height and weight, but the littleun is the hardest grafter of the 3, ie, enters and works bush as good as any terrier, just as IDEATIONS whippet, swims in all weathers, bred by myself, no shivering tit reared whippets in my kennel, at the end of the day, i do bunnies only, and my freezer is full

• Like 3