Something a bit different . . . .

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Great read but personanlly could think of anythink worst than driving so far for a days diffrent sport EVEN with meeting great company like you did .

ATB Cookie

dont you like trying new places cookie or is it the driving a long way ??

The time is one factor dont mind driving but the huge cost of fuel 400 mile round trip £80 notes I guess :icon_eek:

Hunting in diffrent areas yes great but at the end of the day for ME hunting a coney in oxfordshire or scotlands highlands the actual act of the ferretting is excatly the same the thrill .

Its like women we all want to have a diffrent bird but once you shut your eyes the feeling the same no matter what she looks like.

ATB Cookie

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2.5 - 3 hours in the car, flies by, once you get the tunes on, the flask out and bite into a beef and stilton sandwich (with caramalised onion relish). And it is a small price to pay for walking fresh

:laugh: Tomo the chav . . . . can't quite picture it mate   Don't see the point in buying clothes, when i'm not in work im pretty much always in wellies / boots, wax trousers / chaps, and an old

I have not bothered writing up any trips out of late, for various reasons, but thought this one was worth it.     Well, they say a change is as good as a rest, don't they? I love my ferreting and m

Great read but personanlly could think of anythink worst than driving so far for a days diffrent sport EVEN with meeting great company like you did .

ATB Cookie

The time is one factor dont mind driving but the huge cost of fuel 400 mile round trip £80 notes I guess :icon_eek:

Hunting in diffrent areas yes great but at the end of the day for ME hunting a coney in oxfordshire or scotlands highlands the actual act of the ferretting is excatly the same the thrill .

Its like women we all want to have a diffrent bird but once you shut your eyes the feeling the same no matter what she looks like.

ATB Cookie

I take your point mate.

It cost about £40, which to be fair, many folk will easily spend on a night out or a t-shirt. I don't spend money on going out, or buying 'things', so i can happily justify putting fuel in the tank for an explore.

Maybe its different for different folk, but for me, different land etc, will make it a different experiance. I enjoy working the dog and letting him hunt up land, and that way, we really get to enjoy the different landscapes we visit.

I know what you are saying about the actual ferreting, but that's the easiest part of the day, once you have decent ferrets, nets, dog etc, you can't really go wrong.

It's even nice to miss rabbits, as local to us, of the hundreds we have bolted this season, we have missed a very small handful, due to knowing every set, every hidden bolt hole, where they run to etc etc. Even those who evade the nets or dogs, never live for long.

I'll go anywhere me!

• Like 1

ATB Cookie

ATB Cookie

LOL,, :laugh: :laugh: best not let the mrs see what you wrote :laugh:

ATB Cookie

ATB Cookie

I take your point mate.

It cost about £40, which to be fair, many folk will easily spend on a night out or a t-shirt. I don't spend money on going out, or buying 'things', so i can happily justify putting fuel in the tank for an explore.

Maybe its different for different folk, but for me, different land etc, will make it a different experiance. I enjoy working the dog and letting him hunt up land, and that way, we really get to enjoy the different landscapes we visit.

I know what you are saying about the actual ferreting, but that's the easiest part of the day, once you have decent ferrets, nets, dog etc, you can't really go wrong.

It's even nice to miss rabbits, as local to us, of the hundreds we have bolted this season, we have missed a very small handful, due to knowing every set, every hidden bolt hole, where they run to etc etc. Even those who evade the nets or dogs, never live for long.

I'll go anywhere me!

same here mate, i do 250 round trip to the dales, costs £40,, i never go drinking,, never buy clothes,,, much to the wives disgust :laugh: i tell a lie,,, mum and dad gave me £50 for crimbo,,, i went to sports direct and now look like a chav :icon_eek:

ATB Cookie

ATB Cookie

You can shut your eyes but you will still hear tge same bloody moaning

ATB Cookie

ATB Cookie

I take your point mate.

I'll go anywhere me!

same here mate, i do 250 round trip to the dales, costs £40,, i never go drinking,, never buy clothes,,, much to the wives disgust :laugh: i tell a lie,,, mum and dad gave me £50 for crimbo,,, i went to sports direct and now look like a chav :icon_eek:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Tomo the chav . . . . can't quite picture it mate :laugh:

Don't see the point in buying clothes, when i'm not in work im pretty much always in wellies / boots, wax trousers / chaps, and an old jumper / barbour, complete with dog lead and whistle round neck and a slight aroma of ferret. Why break the habits of a life time? :laugh:

At the end of the ay, £ 40 is very cheap for a full days sport, it would cost you a lot more if you played golf or something equally stupid. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Cheers guys!

Whin - aye i love the woods and its where i seem to spend most of my days. They are my favourite place to hunt, along with the mountains. :thumbs:

Cookie - Was that directed at me? I actually work Mon/Tue/Thurs/Fri daytime and some evenings and so have wednesdays off.

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Cheers guys!

Whin - aye i love the woods and its where i seem to spend most of my days. They are my favourite place to hunt, along with the mountains. :thumbs:

Cookie - Was that directed at me? I actually work Mon/Tue/Thurs/Fri daytime and some evenings and so have wednesdays off.

It was

I thought when I am not in work meant I am out of work I know its fairly poor for work in your neck off the woods and know a fair few mates struggling for work your way as use to work as instrustor in surival in around your area .

ATB Cookie

Cheers guys!

It was

I thought when I am not in work meant I am out of work I know its fairly poor for work in your neck off the woods and know a fair few mates struggling for work your way as use to work as instrustor in surival in around your area .

ATB Cookie

No i just meant that my time is divided into being in work or being out hunting, as currently i live a lone and have no mates :laugh: Well, at least none that i dont see on a days ferreting / hunting.

I'm fairly lucky in that respect mate, i have had a decent job for the last couple of years, which pays pretty well and allows me to be flexible with my time. My reaon for having wednesdays off is because our shoot has its shoot day every other wed and the other wednesday i usually ferret.

It is not to last however, as they are cutting the funds for my position this year so i will be out on my ear with everyone else. I do however have a plan, to move into another profession so hopefully i shouldnt be out of work :thumbs: Where there is a will there is a way. :thumbs:

great read pal..always like your exploits.

I will and do travel everywhere for sport.. I do regular 300m round trips..and a easy day for me is a 90m round trip..I have to get out of my area to get onto decent land.

I earn it,to spend it on enjoyment ! And i enjoy myself as much as possible... which is quite a lot..LOL.

Cheers guys!

It was

ATB Cookie

No i just meant that my time is divided into being in work or being out hunting, as currently i live a lone and have no mates :laugh: Well, at least none that i dont see on a days ferreting / hunting.

I'm fairly lucky in that respect mate, i have had a decent job for the last couple of years, which pays pretty well and allows me to be flexible with my time. My reaon for having wednesdays off is because our shoot has its shoot day every other wed and the other wednesday i usually ferret.

It is not to last however, as they are cutting the funds for my position this year so i will be out on my ear with everyone else. I do however have a plan, to move into another profession so hopefully i shouldnt be out of work :thumbs: Where there is a will there is a way. :thumbs:

Hope you dont lose your job mate, that is a fear a lot have at this minute. You sound like someone though who will have grit determination to find another. (as long as it doesnt get in the way of the ferreting!!!)