Quick one over the boundary

Thursday started wet for us so no work planned .The afternoon was a wash out too so i got the kit together and went down to a farm where theres a few earths untried of late .Picked up rabbit controller off the site as well as hes keen to learn .Took my young bitch Blade who hasnt seen much it has to be said through lack of time on my part to be honest .Tried an earth around a lagoon that looked very promising but she was having none of it .Up a lane theres another in a field that had cubs in last year but she said nothing at home ,well she never even looked in a hole but ran over the top without showing any interest and ive learnt one thing over the years and that is to trust the dog until proven otherwise .Anyway theres a few more earths in a boundary hedge that the neighbour lets us do as he keeps chickens but Blade ran over all these too .A couple looked spot on and i could smell fox myself at a few entrances but still the bitch went on .When she reached the junction of another hedge she ran out in the neighbours field and i saw her duck in to what had always been a tight rabbit spot but not any more .A two hole place had been opened up and the little bitch was now singing proper .A phone call to the landowner was answered by the lady of the house and i was told to carry on which was just as well as that was the plan anyway .Courteous phone call has got me more permission though .I had the old Deben locator on her as one, i dont own the bellman and two the earths here are very shallow with a 3 footer being the norm .I go out with mates on the deeper spots so being a bit tight fisted i use theres .A listen at the entrance she went in told me all i needed to know .This bitch ,in the little work she has done ,will bay for a short while then get hold in the style of most from this line .

Found her at about 2' 6"on the knocker box and waited a bit to be sure she wasnt moving .I knew she wouldnt in this small place but old habits and all that .The digging was easy in loamy soil and i was through in no time on the foxes back which wasnt ideal but the bitch was in total control of the fox to the extent that i could partially draw it for dispatch .That done the bitch was allowed her rag something she relishes as shes a plucker and soon had fur everywhere .

Got back to the farm and met the farmer fresh from milking and he said there were foxes everywhere calling so a look on the lamp was in order .I wont upset anyone in this section with pics but we did manage three more with the rifle that night .Proper fox control .

Picture003-4.jpg

Picture004-3.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture005-4.jpg

• Like 4