a days hunting before the ban for bendi and foxy

well weel start winter 2000 we got to work get snowed of as it was pelting down i thought good ile go down over the border on some permision,,so on we go old nissan pick up , sol lana to stalwarts of the team , gone but there blood is stil here ,we gott o farmers he says come in bonny lad you mad as we maybe get ablizzard as we are in the english side of the border , still no ban on roe stalking or hare chaseing ,any way its not as bad as we thought , just acovering , i leash dogs up drive round some places no snow some acovering just enough to spot a hare ,

i park up se one [bANNED TEXT] away sol see it 150 yards away he runs up steady as hes waiting for the jump , bang he es up he turns it twists it up and down hare does afull cirles and comes back to were it started by this time he is tired dogs still fresh he picks him up a race and a half

there several litle woods thats been planted there getting hammerd with deer hares , but surounded by deer fencing 6 feet plus ,,so i get lana in she hunts like a hound no need for beaters , bang a big buck comes out sols on him the buck gets the jump , he strait lines the dog for the wood , but they the big saluk cross [bANNED TEXT] into the wood [bANNED TEXT] along it and whall there coming back deer couldnt lose him , now its geting serous hees got his mark but this animal jumps [bANNED TEXT] over the deer fence , so does sol , lanas back at my side , and screaming to get over , i grab her ,i listing a bit of arumble but deer makes it to other side so we lose him ,

we move on and listin see if there any more panickers , i look at sky getting dark grey snow and lots of it i get dogs back take hare an dmove on lana chases ahare shees like a bullet no mercy gone and back to hand ,

great chase and a few hare i hand one into farmer freind gives me a cup of tea, make the journey home and ponder over things to come with the hunting ban ,looming etc ,and angles to play , had thousands of days some not as relaxed but all in the game at times

ye geoff good day that was ,had plenty or i would had said fech it along time ago , last time i saw you was chatsworth 9495 time flies

You may see me soon Whin, I'm coming up to North Berwick at the end of March with the caravan.

Is there many rabbits round Haddington area?

SCOTLAND2011011.jpg

Had abit of sport on the other side of that wood :thumbs: there's a golf course from where I took this picture, I'm sure the rabbits had rockets up their arses :laugh:

I'll keep schtum where I was ;) you may recognise where we were whin from the next pic ;)