whats the big deal?

it must add something good to them as half the lurcher world cant be wrong. if the old type lurcher was good enuf then the bullx would not exist.

ive not seen any other cross that can stand the sh*t a bullx dose day in day out.

they are bred to do a job and in my opinion there is not an other cross that comes close to the bullx.

'Half the lurcher world can't be wrong'

Feck me, half the 'lurcher world couldn't tie their own shoe laces, or in fact spell 'shoe laces' for that matter!

• Like 7

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Half the lurcher world can't be wrong'   Feck me, half the 'lurcher world couldn't tie their own shoe laces, or in fact spell 'shoe laces' for that matter!

A lot like the owner,s.

it must add something good to them as half the lurcher world cant be wrong. if the old type lurcher was good enuf then the bullx would not exist.

ive not seen any other cross that can stand the sh*t a bullx dose day in day out.

they are bred to do a job and in my opinion there is not an other cross that comes close to the bullx.

ya have never had a wheaten x then. can do the same job with ease

wheaton x better looking dogs and if breed from working weaton what more can ye ask for how many working bulls are put over a greyhound i suspect very few and by that i mean working lines

Feck me, half the 'lurcher world couldn't tie their own shoe laces, or in fact spell 'shoe laces' for that matter!

Are you saying have the lurcher are bull cross.?

• Like 1

no mate ive not seen one run.

Are you saying have the lurcher are bull cross.?

just look at some of the poles on here most of the time the bullx is just about 50%

"half the.lurcher.world.cant.be wrong" so.were.there.no.lurchers taking rabbits,hares,foxes n deer.before bull x's ? surley nobody wouldve kept them if that was the case? i think its a looks thing either people wanting to look good with a big strong dog or down to peoples taste i.e judging a book by its cover. to be fair its human nature we are always gonae try differant mixes but just dont see what bull x's have over a good lurcher from.what ive seen. but all the best to anybody out there with one cause all that matters is a man happy with his dog in the feild!

no mate ive not seen one run.

here ya go mate this bitch is live to hand and charlie single handed works a hole well and marks them aswell :thumbs:

DSCF1042.jpg?t=1320167558
  • Like 5

ive seen them just not seen them run.

not my type of dog to be far its just some thing about long haired dogs i dont like. each to there own i suppose.

suppose they hide alot of marks tho.

so like someone said, its more about the looks rather than a straight forward tool lol what is it about long haired dogs you dont like ? after all its just a working dog..

p.s im sure your the one that said you patt caught more rabbits lamping than your mates lurcher? on can staffys be hunted or something around those lines... :laugh:

Edited by robwelsh

yes it was my pat that got more rabbits than a mates lurcher. the lurcher was wank. dont know about any stafs tho.

not sure why i dont like long hair'd dogs just dont. each to there own.

and yes i do like a good looking dog who dosent? but who said you cant have a looker that is not a good grafter ive got 4 dogs and i would say only one of them is a good looking dog but the 2 i work know there trade and the other two are only a year old and coming on well

Edited by hullhunter

ive seen many lurchers in my time,,each lurcher being good at its said game, but its got to be said the apbt adds that slice of will power we all long to see in our dogs,,,even greyhounds have bull blood in them..so its a hard one to say bull blood is no good cos in my book its already in every lurcher..

its more about image big strong dog with big head. half them dont even look like lurchers let alone look like they can run

thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard, my heavy lad outruns my mates saluki whippetx coliier whippet for the first half mile or so anyway! lol. doesnt have the wind for them long runs but they aint bred for that. cant turn as well but not bad for his size.

yeah all running dogs had bull bred into them, but what you got to thing of, is if you type in american pitbull, on google you never see what the ACTUAL pitbull was like years ago when bred into running dogs, their all way to heavy these days, and american pitbulls didnt even come from america in the first place...i cant remember the name of the dog, but it was shipped from england over to america for dog fighting...and there onwards bred over there by the big yanks.

id say only 25% of bull gh's these days, have the proper stock, light agile pitbulls bred into them...not these f****n tanks that everyone raves on about ...put an athletic pit in a "pit" with an average everyday , "internet" pit...and i know where il put my money...i agree that 80% of people have bull gh's for the wrong reasons, but its that 20% of owners who get put into the catagory when theres no need for them to be there, people who dont need a cock extension...my rambling is over lol

edited this just incase someone says " shut up u fool its called an AMPT because it came from america..and just incase someone says,, their ment to be Massive with big heads ...lol this site can be a pain...

• Sometime during the nineteenth century, dog fanciers in England, Ireland and Scotland began to experiment with crosses between Bulldogs and Terriers, looking for a dog that combined the gameness of the terrier with the strength and athleticism of the Bulldog. The result was a dog that embodied all of the virtues attributed to great warriors: strength, indomitable courage, and gentleness with loved ones. Immigrants brought these bull and terrier crosses to the United States. The American Pit Bull Terrier’s many talents did not go unnoticed by farmers and ranchers who used their APBTs as catch dogs for semi-wild cattle and hogs, to hunt, to drive livestock, and as family companions. Today, the American Pit Bull Terrier continues to demonstrate its versatility, competing successfully in Obedience, Tracking, Agility and Weight Pulls, as well as Conformation.

The United Kennel Club was the first registry to recognize the American Pit Bull Terrier. UKC founder C. Z. Bennett assigned UKC registration number 1 to his own APBT, Bennett’s Ring, in 1898.

GENERAL APPEARANCE

• The American Pit Bull Terrier is a medium-sized, solidly built, short-coated dog with smooth, well-defined musculature. This breed is both powerful and athletic. The body is just slightly longer than tall, but bitches may be somewhat longer in body than dogs. The length of the front leg (measured from point of elbow to the ground) is approximately equal to one-half of the dog’s height at the withers. The head is of medium length, with a broad, flat skull, and a wide, deep muzzle. Ears are small to medium in size, high set, and may be natural or cropped. The relatively short tail is set low, thick at the base and tapers to a point. The American Pit Bull Terrier comes in all colors and color patterns except merle. This breed combines strength and athleticism with grace and agility and should never appear bulky or muscle-bound or fine-boned and rangy. Above all else, the APBT must have the functional capability to be a catch dog that can hold, wrestle (push and pull) and breathe easily while doing its job. Balance and harmony of all parts are critical components of breed type.

Very Serious Fault: Any disproportionate overdone characteristic (such as short legs, excessive bone or massive head or body) that would interfere with working ability.

Edited by robwelsh

yes it was my pat that got more rabbits than a mates lurcher. the lurcher was wank. dont know about any stafs tho.

not sure why i dont like long hair'd dogs just dont. each to there own.

and yes i do like a good looking dog who dosent? but who said you cant have a looker that is not a good grafter ive got 4 dogs and i would say only one of them is a good looking dog but the 2 i work know there trade and the other two are only a year old and coming on well

hows your mates lurcher bred?