whats the big deal?

hi lads, im relativly new.to the forum but have been involved in dogs and hunting since birth lol. not had a lurcher for roughly 5 years now and starting to look back into it now i have the transport again, something ive noticed a great deal of is huge amounts of litters with bull through them now i know they add strength n good jaw etc, but any.lurchers ive had never strughled to bring down deer single handedly or catch hare without bull through them just typical colliex, beddy x grey etc dont get me wrong they wernt world beaters but very smart n.never struggled.for power or strength, so my question is i suppose in a roundabout way whats everyones fascination with bull x's. ?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Half the lurcher world can't be wrong'   Feck me, half the 'lurcher world couldn't tie their own shoe laces, or in fact spell 'shoe laces' for that matter!

A lot like the owner,s.

Hi yes your right about the bull content, i too have had lots of lurchers but needed one 2 years ago and looked around for a lurcher pup after much thought i decided to try a bull.i got one out of a strain and well known breeder, has it happened she has turned out well i do think fashion has a thing to play and i wouldnt go get a random one as some people breed for looks and money there is breeders out there who breed old types of lurcher stick to your guns and find one the way you want it bred

• Like 2

hi lads, im relativly new.to the forum but have been involved in dogs and hunting since birth lol. not had a lurcher for roughly 5 years now and starting to look back into it now i have the transport again, something ive noticed a great deal of is huge amounts of litters with bull through them now i know they add strength n good jaw etc, but any.lurchers ive had never strughled to bring down deer single handedly or catch hare without bull through them just typical colliex, beddy x grey etc dont get me wrong they wernt world beaters but very smart n.never struggled.for power or strength, so my question is i suppose in a roundabout way whats everyones fascination with bull x's. ?

Agree 100 percent.Never could see the reason for the bull cross.The first lurcher,s were were bred for speed and couning.Catcher

• Like 3

Nothing against bull type dogs i own a pure bull type as apet n great dogs but what i mean is any.lurcher ive seen.in the feild has never been short of guts or balls so why the big need for the bull through it, i have been around lurchers since birth and can.honestly say id never seen a lurcher with bull through it til i checked this site out and we used to regulary meet with guys from all over, nothing against bull x owners caise from what ive seen there is some handy dogs on here with bull in them just an observation

it must add something good to them as half the lurcher world cant be wrong. if the old type lurcher was good enuf then the bullx would not exist.

ive not seen any other cross that can stand the sh*t a bullx dose day in day out.

they are bred to do a job and in my opinion there is not an other cross that comes close to the bullx.

Edited by hullhunter
  • Like 1

it must add something good to them as half the lurcher world cant be wrong. if the old type lurcher was good enuf then the bullx would not exist.

ive not seen any other cross that can stand the sh*t a bullx dose day in day out.

they are bred to do a job and in my opinion there is not an other cross that comes close to the bullx.

ya have never had a wheaten x then. can do the same job with ease
  • Like 2