Absolutely gutted

Well, the little bitch I had picked out for myself from Fly's litter was then usurped by my lad for him to have. So, I went along with it and played second fiddle...and selected a dog that was gloriously marked. I have now bonded with the dog, but he is unable to take the bitch that was originally my first choice - work has been cut right back and he only has 16 hours a week, so can't afford to live hardly.

I am in a quandry now. Do I find a home for the fabulous little dog and go back to plan A , or go to plan B and keep the little chap (who I have bonded with and got training) and find a good home for the little girl?

I really don't know what to do....she is also coming on well with her training, sits to command and hand signal, or just a click of the fingers. House trained, recalls outside well (not every time - she is only 10 weeks!). They have both been chipped and vaccinated, so that doesn't make any difference.

KIDS, who'de have them? :angel:

I'd keep the dog and help out with the other's feeding expenses as mentioned above. You've already bonded with the dog so it'd be a shame to let him go if he's coming along nicely. Or just take them both on if the bitch seems that good and you have the means to do so.

Well, the little bitch I had picked out for myself from Fly's litter was then usurped by my lad for him to have. So, I went along with it and played second fiddle...and selected a dog that was gloriously marked. I have now bonded with the dog, but he is unable to take the bitch that was originally my first choice - work has been cut right back and he only has 16 hours a week, so can't afford to live hardly.

I am in a quandry now. Do I find a home for the fabulous little dog and go back to plan A , or go to plan B and keep the little chap (who I have bonded with and got training) and find a good home for the little girl?

I really don't know what to do....she is also coming on well with her training, sits to command and hand signal, or just a click of the fingers. House trained, recalls outside well (not every time - she is only 10 weeks!). They have both been chipped and vaccinated, so that doesn't make any difference.

KIDS, who'de have them? :angel:

With only working 16 hours he will have plenty of time for the pup,with all that time he could source some free food for the pup or cut back on something else for the sake of the pup.Or take the easy option and get rid. Edited by morton

same as morton says mate were theres a will theres a way for anything if you want it bad enough and the time spent not working could put in to the pup and making him self use full doin odd jobs for you or family members for bit of dog food etc, atb bud

• Like 1

Keeping both is out of the question, for various reasons. The idea was he would keep the bitch and have his first of the family line....I was happy with the dog beause we would always have call on the bitch, and I would offer advice when/if he came to breed from her. Those plans are now in tatters, but I am hopeful a friend will take her, then at least we will be in touch.

Fingers crossed. They are both coming on nicely - as far as anyone can tell at 10 weeks! But picking things up and bringing them to us voluntarily (bringing presents), sitting on command, hand signal only and just a click of the fingers. Come when they are called mostly - sometimes they are just being awkward youngsters, defying for the sake of it. All pups do this, just to try and push the boundaries. We keep on top of it. The general outlook is very positive. They are pretty nippy out in the garden and now their jabs are complete we can start to take them out inot the woods for exploring and finding out what life is all about. It would be nice if Dart could stay locally.

So you get rid of this pup and in a couple of months if his work picks up he'll go out and get another one, he'll have the money to pay his own feed but not the time to put into it. I'd rather have the time to spend with a pup as you only get one shot at it :thumbs:

It's too easy to get just rid and pick up another pup when it suits :censored: