T Bars Take a Look.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alot of lads we would drop in for a days hunting with dont have them in there kit, we always have one along with other tools that are not always used on every dig, if you read the thread from the begi

neil,im going to be civil here but what an arrogant statement,tut tut tut .Your telling me you go out without a bar.....its you I would think, that hasnt learnt enough over the years.I hope the B&amp

in over 30 years Ive never seen nor heard of a dog being injured with a t bar.At what force would you be pushing through the ground to injure an animal,lol.Impossible Id say to happen unless your ramm

Excellent tool, probing for a tube, tying out, clearing back cover, an all purpose tool.

Gives a clearer understanding of what is happening below ground before breaking through,i.e. digging on, holding mid tube etc..

Stainless for ease of cleaning and to stop corrosion.

:thumbs:

Wouldnt be without it,just made another one for carrying in the box on the quad, bought some 16mm stainless steel, bought a length of 1.5m, cut it at 1.1 (just right for the box) used the left over 0.4 for the cross piece, got my mate whos shit hot at all metalwork/welding to weld for me and taper the end, spot on job fair play. ill put some pics up 2moz, if you want one made and sent to you pm me and ill price it up for you with delivery. any length and diameter steel, personally i think 16mm is just right and not heavy at all (especiall in the quad box!)

ATB

RP

what are they used for digging with no collars? never used one ever seen one used

used one today and yesterday and dont think i will dig again without one u can hear evrything well better using them you no exactly wat your dogs doing weather its digging baying holding get to no your dog alot better and quicker with one
  • Like 1

no offence intended here gents, but i cant believe the amount of people who havent seen/used one whilst out!

Very uselful tool, for various reasons as others have said, finding tube, listening to dog, etc etc.

Dog in, wait for it to settle, find a mark, drop bar in (obvioulsy gently as your breaking into tube) and listen to see whats happening. sometimes if your quarry is not quite bottled up, the noise of you barring etc will move them on tighter (or move althogether), saves you starting to dig and getting to say 18", only for ypur quarry to move say a foot or two and you having to strart a fresh hole. Not saying it always happens, but have had i happen before.

ATB

RP

• Like 3

no offence intended here gents, but i cant believe the amount of people who havent seen/used one whilst out!

Very uselful tool, for various reasons as others have said, finding tube, listening to dog, etc etc.

Dog in, wait for it to settle, find a mark, drop bar in (obvioulsy gently as your breaking into tube) and listen to see whats happening. sometimes if your quarry is not quite bottled up, the noise of you barring etc will move them on tighter (or move althogether), saves you starting to dig and getting to say 18", only for ypur quarry to move say a foot or two and you having to strart a fresh hole. Not saying it always happens, but have had i happen before.

ATB

RP

A helpfull aid so you know your digging behind the dog rather than on top of the action

what are they used for digging with no collars? never used one ever seen one used

used one today and yesterday and dont think i will dig again without one u can hear evrything well better using them you no exactly wat your dogs doing weather its digging baying holding get to no your dog alot better and quicker with one

Your just a gobshite.

in over 30 years Ive never seen nor heard of a dog being injured with a t bar.At what force would you be pushing through the ground to injure an animal,lol.Impossible Id say to happen unless your ramming the shite out of the ground with it.Its a very important piece of kit,as important as the shovel I believe.Ive had the same stainless one for over 20 years.

• Like 5