Do you have a preference Rough or Smooth coat lurchers

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

rough hair......... it hides the scars

To me, it doesn't make a ha'porth of difference to the dogs ability, being rough or smooth, but I'm old fashioned and like the old "hairy Greyhounds" and "hairy Whippets" !! LOL !!   Cheers.

smooth for me every time dont realy have a reason just prefer them , stupid realy

AS long as they cacth the qaurry mate , and are bred [bANNED TEXT] of working parents when i worked the hill higk country had rough breardie cross and dog out of bob katie , broken coated , they took weather easy , but on the low lying tlat land next to sea i like the smooth coats , but doesnt bother me , but if you do alot of high country ferreting a good dense coat helps adog standing about waiting for bolts digging etc always will hence the scorrish deerhound in the old days working beardie an dthe ld scottish highland teriers

I like both, but I'm hoping my new pups will be rough coated, :thumbs:

what have you bred

Whip/bedlington x whip/grey,at the moment the little dog looks like he's going to be broken coated, but not too sure with the bitch yet :thumbs: