Got her at last.

This fox has been tricky to say the least. As soon as it sees the lamp, one look and its off. Seen and heard her for a few weeks in the same area. So this afternoon, i hatched a cumming plan.

Set up a wee cats toy on a spring, placed it in a stubble, next to the wood i knew she`d be in. Got the foxpro on and hid that next to the toy, and i went and hid myself in a little ditch, 100 yards or so away.

Nothing much happened for the first 20 mins, apart from a few crows coming down for a look. Then i saw her head peek over the drystane wall. She jumped up onto it and slunk along the top, all the while keeping her eyes on the bobbing toy.

She actually settled on top of the wall for a few minutes before jumping into the stubble. As soon as that happened, lights out.

Theres a couple more elusive foxes around, so i`ll be trying this out on those soon.

IMG_0958.jpg

• Like 1

Nice going mate - change in tactics worked a treat. Lovely coat and brush on her. Good idea on the cats toy, like a quiver critter but a tenth of the price... Bet your cat wasn't too keen on playing with the toy afterwards though!

I waited up last night for a Vixen that had got very lamp shy. I'd put the bait down and was walking up the hill to my lay up point when I looked round to see her trotting right past it :blink: Froze my nuts off waiting for her to come back...Got her later on though :thumbs:

Nice going

Matt

Edited by Yokel Matt