anyone in sheffield

DEE

i am just getting into falconry and would like to go out and watch and learn as much as possible if anyone is willing to teach ,

i will help you out in return with anything i can possibly do , i dont own a bird yet as id rather learn what i need befor to reduce as many complications as possible (wouldnt want to be treating a bird wrong or not pick up on certain things that are needed .

thanks for looking pm me if you can help , dee :-)

also i would like to add im looking to learn about how to control weight and the use of telemetry ive got a few books and dvds in the post for me to watch and read , could anyone recomend and good reads or dvds ? also would i be better getting a trained bird and working with it for a while or start from scratch and train one myself ?

thanks dee

nick fox series of dvd;s

try going out for a season with someone as its not like people think its like when they see a dislplay somewhere ,the perons will hopefully guide you in the right direction

Edited by grovsey
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks pal ino theres alot of work that goes into flying a bird , i was just looking for someone to show me the basics , but its hard all the guys ive spoke to dont want me out with them because of the rules of their permission, only one person on the land and such . i wouldnt mind traveling a little even if its just to talk to someone about what i need to know .

thanks dee

Hi DEE just keep up the reading and watch as many dvd as you can mate and ask as many quistions as you can and am sure if you keep pluging mate am sure there would be a nice chap that will let you tag along.I started off the same way and i baught a harris hawk for my first bird as i was told there great for ya first bird. The good man i bought him off became my mentor i now have a sparrow hawk and i have never looked back so keep learning amuch as you can mate and good luck.

Hi dee, dont know if your sorted not or yet, im not a million miles away from sheffield if you want have a ride down, have a coffee and a chat. maybe a few outings befor the season ends.

Give me a call 07522735240

ATB martin

• Like 2

Hi dee, dont know if your sorted not or yet, im not a million miles away from sheffield if you want have a ride down, have a coffee and a chat. maybe a few outings befor the season ends.

Give me a call 07522735240

ATB martin

Nice one :thumbs: