hare or dog

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ones running for it's lunch the other for it's life.

Its impossible for a dog to catch every Hare it runs, a good Hare, will always test a good dog, thats in daylight and its given fair Law, thats why it was such a great sport,

A good dog will beat a good hare 8/10 times

Catcher you wake up mate. You must not of seen a good dog behind a hare. I've seen my fare share so can pass comment. More hares get caught than escape when your running good dogs.

well if the hare is not better then the dog none should get away with the top dogs they kill alot more then they miss but there is always 1 about thats just two good ask any top coursing man and he will tell you the same
  • Like 1

Given the right amount of law a fit hare isnt that easily caught, ive seen guys slip dogs on hares that have just lifted out their seat and been given about 10 yards law [not very sporting and not much of an achievment] ive also seen hares at coursing meets that seemed to take the piss out of dogs, when they hit that extra gear, those of you that remember the proper coursing meets will know what i mean. YIS KIC

You cant say its the hare its the dog there is so many other things you have to take in.What type dog is it running the hare?????,What type hare is it getting run???,What type land the dog is running???? and how often is the hare run on the land??????.How fit is the dog??????What time year it is??????The list goes on and on all l can say is when all this things are all put together in the right way you will never see a better test to a running dog then the hare :thumbs:

Given the right amount of law a fit hare isnt that easily caught, ive seen guys slip dogs on hares that have just lifted out their seat and been given about 10 yards law [not very sporting and not much of an achievment] ive also seen hares at coursing meets that seemed to take the piss out of dogs, when they hit that extra gear, those of you that remember the proper coursing meets will know what i mean. YIS KIC

some people just aint got the land to give a hare law bud cause of how tight the fields are. :thumbs:
  • Like 2

some people just aint got the land to give a hare law bud cause of how tight the fields are. :thumbs:

True if you live near small fields with fencing everywhere the dog would have no chance giving fair law

If no other running dog can out last the saluki then why is the linebred longdog the preferred dog for the fens? I could understand the choice of faster linebred dogs if the comps were hare coursing matches, but these are single handed hare catching shows

Edited by DogFox123

Ye pal your right a good hare dog will catch my then it misses but the topic is best hare or dog and alls I'm saying if you have the best hare around and put the best dog around on it hare gets away every time

thank fcuk for bigliks well said mate i remember a double handed race between 2 of the fasted dogs i have seen run in the final on rippingale fen hare given fair law they never got to it , no dog would of it caught it , plenty of people there to see it

• Like 1