CB Radio

Hehe I was "conker". 11m isn't CB though, it's licenced amateur territory!

Aye thats correct, but the president lincoln rig does AM/FM/USB/LSB and CW so goes into the 11m range on the T5's and all the normal cb channels and the amount of pirate operators on the 11m is unreal....in fact the 11m bands are mainly for pirate users who dont have a ham license. Still a good buzz when ya get a chat with a guy in france or italy.

Best i did on 11 meters was talking to a guy in South africa on triple 5 for about 5 mins

Also used to like dxing on mid band , use to chat to a guy who lived in finland but was born in york

Had afew side banders over the years superstars , cobra 148,presidents ect but no longer have a rig

• 3 weeks later...

lincons are very good radios :thumbs:

There very good .....ive been dx'ing to all over europe with just the mobile set up and no amp......germany, holland, france, belgium, uk, italy. And im in Ireland ...if the prop is there then you can get out further with the Antron 99 set up ...but my landlord wont let me put up the antenna so its a pain in the harris going to sit in the car. Plus normal cb is dead here in ireland ...no one uses it anymore, its all mobile phones and emails :whistling: :whistling:

Aye,am on ma second lincon the now,no long been repaired was a c**t getting outputs for it.Its good where theres alot of skip,but theres still a few people on uk fm but these days everyone sits on 19.if you cant get the antron on the roof attach a scaffy pole to clothes line pole with a couple brackets then put the antron on the scaffy pole.