Buying a 2 year old dog?

right lads, ive been offered a 2 year old bitch (collie/grey x whip) and its the exact breeding ive been looking for. Currently however I am in a rented property so not too sure the landlord would be too please with a pup if its not housed trained and i dont have any kennels here so getting an older dog might be ideal. the dog has only really done lamp work and when its been bushing its always been with a bushing dog and it just skips about waiting for a bolt. do you think if i put alot of time into taking it out bushing alone it will start to hunt up and bush its own rabbits? and whats your general opinion on buying older dogs like this? ive always started from a pup and im aware that the bloke could be making it up and it actually doesnt work at all!

ATB

Jim

right lads, ive been offered a 2 year old bitch (collie/grey x whip) and its the exact breeding ive been looking for. Currently however I am in a rented property so not too sure the landlord would be too please with a pup if its not housed trained and i dont have any kennels here so getting an older dog might be ideal. the dog has only really done lamp work and when its been bushing its always been with a bushing dog and it just skips about waiting for a bolt. do you think if i put alot of time into taking it out bushing alone it will start to hunt up and bush its own rabbits? and whats your general opinion on buying older dogs like this? ive always started from a pup and im aware that the bloke could be making it up and it actually doesnt work at all!

ATB

Jim

simple have it on a fortnights trial :thumbs:

I did a simalar thing mate. I asked the lad if he would take me out for a quick shine said he would first slip nailed it.

There are a lot of blokes selling shit but ya get one or too genuine lads as well.

But be very carefull like i say lot of people getting shut of crap.

Make sure ya see it work and when ya get there if they make an excuse why they cant show you DO NOT go any where near no matter what they tell you stay well well clear.

Where ya from by the way no a lad in derby selling the same cross an i can vouch its a cracker he"s just giving the game up