• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah whens she's out and about in all conditions she keep the heat in and water out very well.

Back in the 's and early 90's you'd see a lot of terriers of the Border/Lakie type (crossbreds) with dense hard jackets and skin underneath like a fecking Rino, don't see many about's these days, seem

Posted Images

all the above dog that were post are nice looking dogs those ruffcoated dog are what i like to see i have only had two of them myself leroy and pepper pots . lot leroy to hunting accident but pepper is now 15 mths and the rest are smooth coated realy thick the element dont realy bother them to much its me that it bother:)

Guest busterdog

You'll never get a perfect coat, it's always horses for courses, a harsh thick wirey coat will chuck off the weather but will clog up with clay. The only coat i can see that brings no practical use is a soft open coat much like the beddies. The funny thing is everytime i breed for work and work alone without giving any for thought to coat, the more open and beddie like my terriers become. It's always one to keep your eye on but it's more of a conversation piece than a practical matter IMO.

FatC.

We had bred the same parents together,a broken coat male,with a smooth dam.We ended up with very smooth,very heavy/thick,broken,smooth w/beard & whiskers.Most turned out,they were old Nuttall dogs.

But is was strange to see the variety.The heavy coated werent so much long,as,they were,almost like a double coat.

One good shedding/blowing a yr,but the coat remained very thick to the touch,almost smooth to the eye.

I wish I had a picture.But I wouldnt have called her broken.

uru

mine are old nuttal with some booth the coats have been smooth and dense it would be nice to see a beard come out but what can you do. my pepper might change that but that might be a year or two away she is acting good just got to take here out more she is the right age and good broken coat with beard:)

FatC.

We had bred the same parents together,a broken coat male,with a smooth dam.We ended up with very smooth,very heavy/thick,broken,smooth w/beard & whiskers.Most turned out,they were old Nuttall dogs.

But is was strange to see the variety.The heavy coated werent so much long,as,they were,almost like a double coat.

One good shedding/blowing a yr,but the coat remained very thick to the touch,almost smooth to the eye.

I wish I had a picture.But I wouldnt have called her broken.

uru