how many agree or disagree with controlled selection on your lurchers

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this is a silly topic just because a dog does not make the grade to for example (take fox) it might make the grade for another person for rabbits or ferreting if giving the chance. it is very unu

the problem is dear whin, people have no idea what the grade means in reality, some think its all to do with taking teeth,horn others 100 rabbits a night others retrieving to hand. the reality is its

I sort of get the point of this thread, (I think) !! If you are in pursuit of the "ultimate" dog, or the "complete allrounder", you are goung to cull an awful lot of dogs, as these mythical beasts don

Posted Images

This culling business is what gave us the gamest breed on earth, what do you think sled dogmen do when their huskies can no longer do the job? It's harsh but it is in some cases imperative

there are times when flapping your gums and running your trap off is undesireable like now dogfox

what you decide to do is your own business and as one poster put it you can not tell another lurcherman what to do. but exercise a bit of common sense like keeping your opinion to yourself all posts do like this and the one i have quoted is give enemies the ammo they need to bring us down.

if you have something that is desireable then people will cater to supply it creating your own worst enemy with third rate dogs flooding the market breeding for profit and SFA else with claims made for these super dogs rivialing cerbus himself. my point is you have a responceability when you buy it the likelyhood is it will live well into double figures and not to expect to much to soon set your sights low so that everything else achieved is a bonus.

and dont believe all the bullshit the vast majority is just that as far as i am concerned dogmen with top dogs dont advertise the fact others do it for them and its earned not given and why run the risk of having the scumbag dog nappers round in the night to swipe your pride and joy.??

This culling business is what gave us the gamest breed on earth, what do you think sled dogmen do when their huskies can no longer do the job? It's harsh but it is in some cases imperative

thats the point i was putting across at least you recognise how selective breeding and culling the bad gave the english the most types of game tested and earth tested dogs in the world but how many of yas even acknowlege it? and you gave your great dogs to the world, a fact yas should be proud off

thank you for the masterclass in selective breeding/culling im sure many people on here had never heard of it,...tommorows lesson will be discretion..ie knowing where and when to open your mouth...sorry for being patronising..(.that means talking down to you)....

• Like 2

(i do get to see a few others run but do limit the amount i see, me and a mate have this line, i keep dogs he keeps bitches so it works out ok, as i said i out crossed last time to introduce fresh blood as the line has been heavly inbread for a long while. the outcross worked as i got the physical makeup i was looking for unfortunatly i also lost a bit of the old makeup aswell hence the cross back to the origanal line this year, theres pics on here. i very rarely leave this area as people who have been here will tell you.i believe lurcher to lurcher is best however the litter spread is the only drawback)

no you have one of your mates dogs a big differants as he works his dogs and would never out cross to a failed dog as you did you make out like you an him have this line ..... pmsl and you talk of your bubble tell every one what happend with the matting you had out side your (bubble) of ron to your terrier bitch and how long it was befor you did the right thing by him ....a lad gives a mating up front of my back...i even offered at one pont to give him the stud fee as i felt embarrest for you .. this is how hard it got for you ....(a pup or fee) and before he new the bitch had droped you went back on the deal you had with him........... 3 pups 2dog and a bitch.... he can have a dog and lump it lol that was neve going to wash was it..lol all that shit for what and you dident even keep one ...all the best x38

post-20740-0-39842400-1326152005.jpg

nope not a wind up i agree on it but everybody slags eachothers dogs off on the site so for the kennel blind on here if you looked at your own dogs and realisd they werent up to the job would and could yas do the right thing or would the anti in yas stop yas?????????

What a special needs post.

"would the anti in yas stop yas"

That's right, anyone who doesn't cull hard is an anti.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

nah just ur probably 1 that wud just pass it on to somebody else n h dog gets rehomed time after time

:laugh: Muppet :laugh:

I'd never sell on an adult dog, if i couldnt keep it for some kind of work myself, i would either find it a home with some one that i knew who had a working use for it, or give it away to a trusted pet home.

If it had failed to make the grade i would have it spayed / castrated.

Simples.

To be honest i wouldnt shoot it unless it was a danger to people or livestock.

So wind your neck in.

ya are missing the point if it was so easy to rehome the baduns then y is the dog homes full of them? no offense

Rescues are full because so many idiots are breeding for money - if people didnt buy, these back yard breeders wouldnt breed,

you only need to look through the free ads or even on hear at the amount of pups being spewed out and some of these pups

are ending up in rescue or being dumped.

Who says the ones in the rescues are bad un's - they havent been tried have they?

most come from council pounds - unknown history, the bitch i have hear at the moment

(foster dog) is very driven, i know she could work and has more than likily been worked in the past

its just a shame who ever dumped her dumped her with a shattered leg and multiple pellets in that leg

leading to it having to be removed.

(i do get to see a few others run but do limit the amount i see, me and a mate have this line, i keep dogs he keeps bitches so it works out ok, as i said i out crossed last time to introduce fresh blood as the line has been heavly inbread for a long while. the outcross worked as i got the physical makeup i was looking for unfortunatly i also lost a bit of the old makeup aswell hence the cross back to the origanal line this year, theres pics on here. i very rarely leave this area as people who have been here will tell you.i believe lurcher to lurcher is best however the litter spread is the only drawback)

no you have one of your mates dogs a big differants as he works his dogs and would never out cross to a failed dog as you did you make out like you an him have this line ..... pmsl and you talk of your bubble tell every one what happend with the matting you had out side your (bubble) of ron to your terrier bitch and how long it was befor you did the right thing by him ....a lad gives a mating up front of my back...i even offered at one pont to give him the stud fee as i felt embarrest for you .. this is how hard it got for you ....(a pup or fee) and before he new the bitch had droped you went back on the deal you had with him........... 3 pups 2dog and a bitch.... he can have a dog and lump it lol that was neve going to wash was it..lol all that shit for what and you dident even keep one ...all the best x38

you on the piss again lol

the first part im not even going to bother to answer as you know nothing about the line, who was the sire to flash, who bred the sire? what was the dames name? what was in there make up? having never seen the young dog run carnt see how you could possibly comment!!!!

right lets deal with the terrier mating.

your correct i used rons terrier, it was stated prior to the mating this was a pup only deal as a stud fee and i was only doing it because i wanted 2 bitches for myself, ron agreed and the mating went ahead. you asked if you could have a dog pup and was told if there was a spare one then yes, the bitch had 5 pups 1 still born, 1 runt (pts) 2 bitches and a dog. to me it was simple the dog was the stud fee, time passed you and ron came round and ron said he liked one of the bitches and i said its not worth arguing about as there only 3 weeks old and theyve got the sniffles. in the meantime you do what you normally do!! when the pups got to 8 weeks i rang ron to come over and pick a pup, he came over and still wanted a bitch i agrees then, he said he couldnt take the bitch just yet and could i hang on to it for him this i did. when the pup was 10 weeks i rang him again to pick it up, again he asked if i could hang onto it, at 12 weeks i rang him and asked would he rather have £150 instead of a pup, he said yes came over and left happy with his money, i then sold the dog pup for the same amount. in the meantime you kept asking where your pup was and i kept telling you there wasnt one as i was keeping 2 bitchs and the dog pup was the stud fee. ive seen ron a couple of times since, last time he asked me if i would board a terrier for him. so ron has no problems with what went on then why have you????