price of pups

Its very rare to see dog pups dearer in any breeds than bitches.Bitches usually go first figure it out.

dog pups are 10x easier to sell in working bred collies (in ireland at least)

That's very interesting,jmo of people that breed for profit the more bitches in the litter the better.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

£££££££££££££££££££££££...........................simple

Because most who buy kc dogs have the intention of breeding, hence they will pay more for bitches ........... IMO

i to prefer a bitch but if i bred a litter they d all be the same price unless one was chocalate

Its very rare to see dog pups dearer in any breeds than bitches.Bitches usually go first figure it out.

dog pups are 10x easier to sell in working bred collies (in ireland at least)

That's very interesting,jmo of people that breed for profit the more bitches in the litter the better.

no money in collies even out of best dogs in country dont make more than 350 a pup.

non reg are worth a pittance even when out of good working stock.

ive only ever bred the one litter and i fail to see how people think theres loads of money to be made.stud fee£500,c section £600 advertising £250 ,kc reg£100,sundry vets fees /jabs £200 not to mention colossal food bill.we sold the four blue dogs for £400 each the blue bitch for £450 and the only white pup we sold for £200

in lurchers most fox men go for dog pups

I have seen loads of good bitches,to disregard bitches for fox work {pre ban} is astounding.jmo

not disregarding them mate just most fox men go for dog pups. for me i prefare bitch s in my kennel but then again im not a fox man

Thats fair enough mate,might off miss read you.

In show/ status dogs it usually because people in turn want to breed their dog to make money, depending what breed you have will then dictate how much you will make, working stock and people who want to use their dogs rather than use them as breeding machines will sometimes preffer dogs as in mist cases they fill out better and tend to be bigger/stronger ie for killing foxes/ looking hard. im not saying bitches cant kill foxes nor that people only buy dogs to look hard before all the negative bitchy folk on here jump all over me

i personally doubt id keep another dog,i just prefer bitches however i very much doubt ill ever breed another litter.whilst on the subject of money making even in the show/kc fraternity only very few stud dogs pay for there keep and in most cases what is "IN"this year will be out next