Lurchers the wimpiest dogs

One of the best male lurchers Ive ever seen was lamping a rabbit one night, the rabbit went through and Paddy jumped the fence after it, on the strike the dog hit an over turned sheep feeder, Paddy had the rabbit, carried it back and jumped the fence on his way..as he jumped I saw his back leg at right angles to the dog, he landed and dropped the rabbit at our feet..I can still remember my mates voice, "Dok, I think hes broke his leg" I check it and the leg was f****d,, we opened the jeep tail gate to carry him to it, he ran and jumped in and lay down, I strapped both back legs together. On our way out the field he got bogged down in these massive tracks made by the forestry tree felling mechines..the dog tipped over in the back..Its took us 2 hours and loads of stones from a wall before we got out, it was breaking light, we had a dog with a broken leg in the back, a deer, and a load of rabbits, and we were on land we shouldnt have been on...at no time during this happening did that dog make a sound, no wimpers, to cries no squeak..

Yeah, lurchers are wingy fuckers arnt they..

One brave dog you've got there mate. :thumbs:

Wasnt my dog matie, was my pals I travelled with at the time..I did use him on one of my bitches though before this happened..one of those dogs that you loved, and who have jumped at the chance to have him if you could..and Im not a soft c**t, but the tears roled down my face when we came away from the vets without him

You don't have to be soft to cry over a good working do mate, :thumbs: the only time i ever saw my father cry was when his dog had been poisoned and had to be put down... :cray:

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the best male lurchers Ive ever seen was lamping a rabbit one night, the rabbit went through and Paddy jumped the fence after it, on the strike the dog hit an over turned sheep feeder, Paddy ha

Mines a fag.   And he's black.

In the house yes. Out the house no.

Mines soft as a brush in the house with kids and dogs. He wont bat an eyelid at another dog even if it snaps or goes for him he still tries play as its happened many of time n we he sees me get tge vet book or go the vets he looks like hes been beaten n abused shakin tail inbetween legs ears dwn the lot. But the same dog is tested and proven single handed on anything

I think its a matter of instinct over pain. my dog changes when the sun goes down. a friend of mine looked after her when i was on holiday and was shocked by the change in her temperament when he took her out for a walk at night compared to the day. she was a different dog he said. When a lurchers instinct kicks in, and they have a lot of it, pain is not an issue. Same as us humans really.