Variation times

How we doin,

What sort of time scales are your perticular police force giving for variations or applications,I sent off a one for one 2 and a half month ago To Derbyshire and only got it back today,a bit excessive in my eyes.phoned them a couple of times to see if it had fell under the desk and got the we are busy speach,more like they don't care how long u wait,if I hadn't persisted it could have been alot longer.

Atb 223

Edited by TWOTWOTHREE

South Wales Police took a respectable 12 weeks to issue my First FAC for .17, .22 & .223. In fact I phoned them just before Christmas to see how long it would be and they said it had been authorised but was awaiting issuing, and it was likely it would be in the new year. I said it was pity because I had a few things on my xmas list that I was hoping for. Incredibly I had a call back of them a few hours later telling me I could pick it up that day from Bridgend so that Santa could sort out my xmas list!! I was extremely happy and it made my xmas! The process was extremely smooth, the FEO called out twice, once for my interview and a second time to take some details of my military service to avoid them having to put a supervision restriction on me for .223. So all I can say is a Big Big thank you to SW Police. :victory:

Well it's s bit mixed with times. Rake aboot you seen to have the best service i wish derbyshire took a leaf out of your lots book,then followed by simonrees how come you would have had to be on a Supervision restriction if not for your military background? I've heard a few people mention on here a simlar thing,is this a new law or something , just wondering as I didn't have one when I got my 223 a year or two back?and bb24 give Cornwall a tinkle and push a bit looks like it worked for simonrees,that just leaves me and thee paulus with the tortoise speed police force lol,anyway hope in the future they get quicker.

Thanks for the replies

Atb rich

Yup

We don`t have mentoring either,, My first FAC was an open ticket,,22lr .243 and FAC air rifle,,

L&B are quick, but I do tend to go in and hand deliver stuff, which seems to get it done rapido,, I think my initial app,, many moons ago took about 4/5 weeks. That included my visits.

Well it's s bit mixed with times. Rake aboot you seen to have the best service i wish derbyshire took a leaf out of your lots book,then followed by simonrees how come you would have had to be on a Supervision restriction if not for your military background? I've heard a few people mention on here a simlar thing,is this a new law or something , just wondering as I didn't have one when I got my 223 a year or two back?and bb24 give Cornwall a tinkle and push a bit looks like it worked for simonrees,that just leaves me and thee paulus with the tortoise speed police force lol,anyway hope in the future they get quicker.

Thanks for the replies

Atb rich

Apparently they don't like issuing any Center Fire Rifle to first time applicants, however if they can't find a reasonable cause to refuse then they ask you to provide details of a person who has an Open Ticket with a rifle of the same caliber who can supervise you for a set number of outings on your land, after which time you can apply to have the supervision order removed. In my case I was able to prove to them that I had vast experience with a wide range of calibers between .17 and 120mm. :D In their opinion someone who has been trained in the safe use of Firearms is going to be far safer than your average Joe, and for that reason all I had to do was provide them with evidence of my military service. I should also like to add that this suggestion came from them, they said it would save me the hassle of having to be supervised, and of course save them the hassle of having to deal with the extra paperwork! :yes:

120mm I'll stick a variation in for that tomorrow will u mentor me lol,glad u got what u asked for.

Like rake aboot it's not heard of I'm my area but I'm sure in time it will be enforced one way or another,only condition I had was my 223 is not open but I haven't needed it to shoot anywhere exept on the land it's passed on due to there been plenty to go at,my .22 and .17 were open after a short time but that was years ago, for the 223 I have to wait Two years which I've only a few months to wait. a mate got told 5 years till his cf will be open unless he proves it's imperative it needs to be open before. I think it's a bit long that for him,

Atb

the mentor clause isnt used in leicestershire, the reason they gave for the backlog was changing over to the new pnc database, although i have been told by a good sorce that as flo`s have left they have not been replaced due to the cuts.

Thanks for the replies

Atb rich

Apparently they don't like issuing any Center Fire Rifle to first time applicants, however if they can't find a reasonable cause to refuse then they ask you to provide details of a person who has an Open Ticket with a rifle of the same caliber who can supervise you for a set number of outings on your land, after which time you can apply to have the supervision order removed. In my case I was able to prove to them that I had vast experience with a wide range of calibers between .17 and 120mm. :D In their opinion someone who has been trained in the safe use of Firearms is going to be far safer than your average Joe, and for that reason all I had to do was provide them with evidence of my military service. I should also like to add that this suggestion came from them, they said it would save me the hassle of having to be supervised, and of course save them the hassle of having to deal with the extra paperwork! :yes:

Manchester very quick, and also accept previous evidenced experience, if suitable and for the right reasons.

Thanks for the replies

Atb rich

Manchester very quick, and also accept previous evidenced experience, if suitable and for the right reasons.

leicestershire also do this, to be honest i carnt fault them other than the delays,

How we doin,

What sort of time scales are your perticular police force giving for variations or applications,I sent off a one for one 2 and a half month ago To Derbyshire and only got it back today,a bit excessive in my eyes.phoned them a couple of times to see if it had fell under the desk and got the we are busy speach,more like they don't care how long u wait,if I hadn't persisted it could have been alot longer.

Atb 223

Last time i was in at Glasgow (Pitt St) got a Variation done over the counter, 15mins later walking out the door sorted! :thumbs:

ATB

Wullie.

Exelent news for ya bb. bet ya sat staring at the letter box with ya Tongue hangin out in anticipation lol,Shopping next week then is it? What guns you fancying,I dont know what to go for now my 1 for 1 is here.I sold my cz .22 with the synthetic and nickle as I didn't like it,I'll probably regret it if I move away from cz but I'll see,

Atb 223