Vets and worming...advise....puppy

Phoned the vets this morning to ask if i could pop in and buy some worming tablets/suspention for my new puppy, usually i would wait until the injections, but i as i said i wanted to buy some now. The receptionist said i couldnt buy any from them without prior appointment with the vet, which generally would cost me an extra £15/20 just to see the vet. I said ok, i will locate some elsewhere.....she said if theres anything wrong with your dog you should bring it in.....which i explained there isnt, i just want to get some worming tablets.

So just wondering if anybody could help advise me which brand would you suggest...... and do you know if Drontal Puppy Worming Suspension ok.

Sorry to rant, but i have three dogs at this vets, soon to be four and it really annoys me sometimes the way they feel your not aloud to use your own initiative.

Thanks

Phoned the vets this morning to ask if i could pop in and buy some worming tablets/suspention for my new puppy, usually i would wait until the injections, but i as i said i wanted to buy some now. The receptionist said i couldnt buy any from them without prior appointment with the vet, which generally would cost me an extra £15/20 just to see the vet. I said ok, i will locate some elsewhere.....she said if theres anything wrong with your dog you should bring it in.....which i explained there isnt, i just want to get some worming tablets.

So just wondering if anybody could help advise me which brand would you suggest...... and do you know if Drontal Puppy Worming Suspension ok.

Sorry to rant, but i have three dogs at this vets, soon to be four and it really annoys me sometimes the way they feel your not aloud to use your own initiative.

Thanks

yeah drontal very good

drontal tablet mate. much easier then the liquid.

never had a problem using the tablets broken into small bits for puppys. each quarter dose 2.5kg.

i used panacur liquid for a pup 3 day corse. got nothing out of him, week after used the drontal tablet and got 3 massive worms out of him at 6 weeks.