cleaning pellets? your thought ?

Hi MM

it's personal preference really.i tried them and thought what a waste of time!

A good pull through is what you need. And some brushes!

that's what i use!

but like i said personal preference really! !!

Davy

Hi MM

it's personal preference really.i tried them and thought what a waste of time!

A good pull through is what you need. And some brushes!

that's what i use!

but like i said personal preference really! !!

Davy

:notworthy: Couldn't agree more Davy.... got myself a .177 - .22 cleaning kit with the brushes and rods which works a treat. it surprised me how much crap comes out of the barrel and also accumilates in the silencer....

Jasp

My personal thing is to pull through when I get inaccuracies in my poi but I wash and lube each new tin of pellets to remove hidden tiny lead dust particles and bits which all line your rifling in time causing down range problems.

Si.

Edited by zini

Pull through here as well.

Another method Ive seen work well is Swan Slimline Filter Tips for cigarettes. A lot cheaper than the felt pellets.

Regards,

Mikey.

Edited to say, if using the felt pellets or Swan Filters in a springer, make sure you push them into the breech followed by a normal lead pellet to make sure you dont cause any damage.

Edited by mikeyblue

Another method Ive seen work well is Swan Slimline Filter Tips for cigarettes. A lot cheaper than the felt pellets.

Regards,

Mikey.

Edited to say, if using the felt pellets or Swan Filters in a springer, make sure you push them into the breech followed by a normal lead pellet to make sure you dont cause any damage.

hi mickey

Good point buddy :thumbs:

Davy

Regards,

Mikey.

Mikey,

What damage would you be likely to cause on a springer, surely its the same action as a PCP buy the time the pellet (felt or lead) starts moving down the barrel?

Cheers,

andy

never cleaned an air rifle barrell or oiled a pellet, polished the odd one up to a shine on my trousers in moments of boredom, never felt the need to, same with my 22lr. differnt with bigger rifles or 17hmr that fire jacketed rounds