Beggars dogs

A guy back home we know as '50p john'

Spends his days pestering people for

Small change in the town centre. His old man who disowned him said he was making somewhere in the region on £500 a week!!!

I wonder how much they do make, theres one we called wilson used to have full northface coat and bottoms, in good condition aswell :icon_eek:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the salt content will do it no good. out of all the bakers griegs is the worst imo. pies sausage rolls far to much salt. nice gesture all the same. he might have handed the bag to the dogs owner might

not always there fault,circumstances change,loss of a job resulting in loss of your home.no family or friends what can they do? i dunno the exact ins and outs,but not all are conmen,drug addicts or al

well to the comment up the page i think its shocking about how u were going on about single mims not all are the same as my mum works full time 8 till 4 and she makes a lot less that poeple think as t

there's a block that lives down my road that don't work but gos out and plays the violin in the town for a hour or two and get's £30 to £40 a time and he will admit it as well

Can he play it well? At least he is making some sort of effort to make his money.

• Like 6

if you're homeless now in this country it's your own fault.

no 2 ways about it.

I disagree, at one point i was out of work and went to citizens advice, and spoke to the benefits people, despite having no savings, young children and bills i was told it would take 18 weeks for the benefits to kick in, i was entitled to a 25% reduction on my council tax and a job seekers claim of £67.50, what f*****g use was that after 20 odd years of paying tax and national insurance contributions. How can £67.50 pay for a families food/mortgage/gas/electric/water rates/tv licence/house insurance/car insurance/food etc etc...... Simple answer is it can't, we could of easily found ourselves on the street, unfortunately in this country you only get benefits if you have paid feck all into the system and play the discrimination card..............

So i do feel sorry for SOME of the poor buggers living on the street, there is no doubt SOME are there as they have mental health issues, problems or have fallen upon shit times, not all are freeloaders. Perhaps if our government cared more about the problems on these shores and less about whats going on in other countries we would have hundreds of billions to get our own ship in order.........

there's more than enough help available.

single mothers as i'm sure you know get plenty,and homeless people also get housing benefit and most of the time a roof over their heads even when they waste that.

no 2 ways about it.

I disagree, at one point i was out of work and went to citizens advice, and spoke to the benefits people, despite having no savings, young children and bills i was told it would take 18 weeks for the benefits to kick in, i was entitled to a 25% reduction on my council tax and a job seekers claim of £67.50, what f*****g use was that after 20 odd years of paying tax and national insurance contributions. How can £67.50 pay for a families food/mortgage/gas/electric/water rates/tv licence/house insurance/car insurance/food etc etc...... Simple answer is it can't, we could of easily found ourselves on the street, unfortunately in this country you only get benefits if you have paid feck all into the system and play the discrimination card..............

So i do feel sorry for SOME of the poor buggers living on the street, there is no doubt SOME are there as they have mental health issues, problems or have fallen upon shit times, not all are freeloaders. Perhaps if our government cared more about the problems on these shores and less about whats going on in other countries we would have hundreds of billions to get our own ship in order.........

single mothers as i'm sure you know get plenty,and homeless people also get housing benefit and most of the time a roof over their heads even when they waste that.

Speaking from personal experience thats bollocks, im not a single mother, in was a family man with young children, but thats all i was offered despite numerous enquiries, the only other thing we have ever been entitled to was child tax credits.......

no 2 ways about it.

Speaking from personal experience thats bollocks, im not a single mother, in was a family man with young children, but thats all i was offered despite numerous enquiries, the only other thing we have ever been entitled to was child tax credits.......

Not to put to fine a point on it,but if you split with your partner for a time she would become a single mother,and if you had nowhere to go you'd be homeless and qualify for housing benefit.

I'm no fan of this system,but we pay out of the arse for it in tax,so if you've got to use it,use it.

one thing you fail to mention blan is pride,some folk have never asked for handouts and dont expect any.not gonna go in means testing and the humilation that would entail. fortunaetly i myself have never been in that position,and hope never to.however it could happen to anyone of us. as for the roof over your head.i guess you mean shelters. well going by what i have read and seen on some of those action shows for the homeless,sometimes the streets are safer than those places. they get robbed and assaulted.one that horrified me was a young 17 yr old homeless lad who went there was robbed and sysematically raped over the course of the night by 4 guys. as for those stories about making hundreds of pns i dont doubt that does not happen,but your deluded if you think thats the same for everyone out there on the street.all very well for us to sit here in our centrally heated houses watching flat screen tvs with our bellies full of good warm food,but the hard reallity is people right now have jack shit freezing and not a clue as to where the next meal is coming from. and dare i say ex soldiers aswell. you were one werent you,luckily for you you had family or accomodation waiting for you when you came out.

• Like 5

Yes there is help available but the problem is not everybody knows how to apply for it or even what help they are entitled to in the first place. Despite what people who have never needed or claimed the help think, if you don't know exactly how or what to apply for they won't often tell you what you're entitled too & just give it to you. :no: Sadly, those who profit most are those who know the system inside out due to years upon years of abusing it..

one thing you fail to mention blan is pride,some folk have never asked for handouts and dont expect any.not gonna go in means testing and the humilation that would entail. fortunaetly i myself have never been in that position,and hope never to.however it could happen to anyone of us. as for the roof over your head.i guess you mean shelters. well going by what i have read and seen on some of those action shows for the homeless,sometimes the streets are safer than those places. they get robbed and assaulted.one that horrified me was a young 17 yr old homeless lad who went there was robbed and sysematically raped over the course of the night by 4 guys. as for those stories about making hundreds of pns i dont doubt that does not happen,but your deluded if you think thats the same for everyone out there on the street.all very well for us to sit here in our centrally heated houses watching flat screen tvs with our bellies full of good warm food,but the hard reallity is people right now have jack shit freezing and not a clue as to where the next meal is coming from. and dare i say ex soldiers aswell. you were one werent you,luckily for you you had family or accomodation waiting for you when you came out.

if you can't swallow your pride i don't see how you can complain tbh.

Yes there is help available but the problem is not everybody knows how to apply for it or even what help they are entitled to in the first place. Despite what people who have never needed or claimed the help think, if you don't know exactly how or what to apply for they won't often tell you what you're entitled too & just give it to you. :no: Sadly, those who profit most are those who know the system inside out due to years upon years of abusing it..

that's right,but not an excuse imo

it's not rocket science,just ask your local homeless heroin addict!

there's a block that lives down my road that don't work but gos out and plays the violin in the town for a hour or two and get's £30 to £40 a time and he will admit it as well

Can he play it well? At least he is making some sort of effort to make his money.

i bet he is claiming something the fiddling cnut :whistling:

• Like 4

re beggers dogs must have been in the early eightys i think , my wife had been up to scotland on th train , i went to th station to meet her , took the dog with me a saluki /grey she was allways a very fit dog but looked a bag of bones ,must have been on the platform for about an hour waiting for the train to arrive , folk kept passing me and saying ahh poor dog ,, and gave me loose change for th dog recon i came off that station with a fiver haaaaaaaa :laugh: .