Nitesite NS50 battery

I know some you don't like the new Nitesite kit but for those of you who do you might be intrested to know you can get a much lighter battery.

The current unit is 3.3amp and weighs a ton, this new one is 4.8amp Lithium Ion and weighs next to nothing, it's also about the same size as a packet of fags. So small in fact you could probably attach it to your rifle.

I am normaly a bit reluctant to order stuff from Hong Kong etc but this battery arrived in less than a week.

I haven't give it a full go yet but I plugged it in to my NS50 tonight and it's still going strong now 3hrs and 50 minutes later. I know the origional battery is rated for about 5 hrs so we'll see how good this one performs after a few trials, but with it being Lithium Ion it shouldn't have any of the problems normaly associated with Lead batteries.

For just under £16.00 inc postage you can't go wrong.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250863148383?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I know some you don't like the new Nitesite kit but for those of you who do you might be intrested to know you can get a much lighter battery.

The current unit is 3.3amp and weighs a ton, this new one is 4.8amp Lithium Ion and weighs next to nothing, it's also about the same size as a packet of fags. So small in fact you could probably attach it to your rifle.

I am normaly a bit reluctant to order stuff from Hong Kong etc but this battery arrived in less than a week.

I haven't give it a full go yet but I plugged it in to my NS50 tonight and it's still going strong now 3hrs and 50 minutes later. I know the origional battery is rated for about 5 hrs so we'll see how good this one performs after a few trials, but with it being Lithium Ion it shouldn't have any of the problems normaly associated with Lead batteries.

For just under £16.00 inc postage you can't go wrong.

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649

Hi DDurose.

In the process of buying one of the Nitesites, like you, I think they are a good bit of kit.

Thanks for sharing the link to the lighter batteries :thumbs:

Think I may order a couple :yes:

ATB.

bill.

• 1 month later...

Bill, I already have a Nite-Site 50 and was astounded at the weight of the original battery. I watched Country Persuits TV on "You-Tube" and Malc has done some research into replacement batterys. I went onto E-Bay and found one under the item number of 250919245956, although it was slightly more expensive than the one ddurose bought, mine was in the uk. It hold more charge and is so light that i put mine in my jacket pocket and its not noticable. Not sure what your thinking was behind buying two?

ATVB

Roger

Bill, I already have a Nite-Site 50 and was astounded at the weight of the original battery. I watched Country Persuits TV on "You-Tube" and Malc has done some research into replacement batterys. I went onto E-Bay and found one under the item number of 250919245956, although it was slightly more expensive than the one ddurose bought, mine was in the uk. It hold more charge and is so light that i put mine in my jacket pocket and its not noticable. Not sure what your thinking was behind buying two?

ATVB

Roger

He's a propper NIGHTHAWK , or he's scared of the missus lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi D DAVE, Hope you are pleased with the battery, i know mine is serving me well. I still take both the original and the light weight one with me to my night shoots, mainly because i still can't beleive that the little one has enough power to handle a nights shooting (the original one is left in car). I have tried using the lighter battery on continuous and also tried it turning on and off, but it has always had enough charge for my nights shooting. Hope yours is working aswell D DAVE.

Regards Roger

Hi Gravel, What the heck is a "Striker variable 170"? :cray::victory: Sorry for my ignorence.

ATVB Roger

Its a tool for erectile dysfunction, it vibrates to help you get an erection.The longer it takes the more power you use hence the need. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...