Lamping with two dog

Hi i have a Saluki / greyhound that no his job and have a young puppy that I like to bring on but am finding it very hard to walk both dogs and lamp cos only want to slip my saluki dog so the puppy can watch and see what he needs to do any tips would be great thanks

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take the pup on its own when it's old enough. They don't need to watch another dog to learn how to chase a rabbit.

another trick you need plenty game to get a steady dog plus long walks with no game so they dont think walks mean game , neve rhad qdog master me yet had some done my head in but some are better worke

down to trainig and entering to do two dogs on there own , all this pulling i would soon put them strait as pups , long before they saw a feild , wouldnt have a mad pulling dog full stop not a joy to

Posted Images

I lamp with two dogs most nights. I just put both slips over one wrist and put the end of one over my first two fingers, and the end of the other over my other two fingers. If you just want to slip one dog, and the other to watch and learn, get what is called a police lead, or control lead; it will go around your waist and has enought clips and "D rings to make it an ordinairy lead or a double lead, if needed.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Hi i have a Saluki / greyhound that no his job and have a young puppy that I like to bring on but am finding it very hard to walk both dogs and lamp cos only want to slip my saluki dog so the puppy can watch and see what he needs to do any tips would be great thanks

I put the pup on a normal lead and thread my belt through the handle loop so its all hands free

what i do, when you got a dog who pull you feckin arm off lol like Tod, is have him loose and give him 3-4 runs 1st, then if he is bit clamer swap over to other dog Bryn. If you didnt do it this way, you couldnt hold Tod and slip Bryn and lamp, as the lamp would be all over the place lol. On his own he is not to bad, but when the lamp is( on) he thinks its (just) for him, thats the way he is full on, and if he wasnt prob think he was ill :laugh:

what i do, when you got a dog who pull you feckin arm off lol like Tod, is have him loose and give him 3-4 runs 1st, then if he is bit clamer swap over to other dog Bryn. If you didnt do it this way, you couldnt hold Tod and slip Bryn and lamp, as the lamp would be all over the place lol. On his own he is not to bad, but when the lamp is( on) he thinks its (just) for him, thats the way he is full on, and if he wasnt prob think he was ill :laugh:

I'm currently lamping with two Bullcrosses, both have mainly been lamped on their own so both of them think each slip is for them!

Ones about 25tts and 70-75 pounds and Tess is 24tts and 60-65lbs

Thats why I tried tying the lead around my waist, it's a damn sight easier to hold yourself (and the lamp) steady as they both try launching on the hiss

I'm currently lamping with two Bullcrosses, both have mainly been lamped on their own so both of them think each slip is for them!

Ones about 25tts and 70-75 pounds and Tess is 24tts and 60-65lbs

Thats why I tried tying the lead around my waist, it's a damn sight easier to hold yourself (and the lamp) steady as they both try launching on the hiss

i can see what you mean, but if i did that with my bullx , he would have you off your feet. As said its strange really as he dont pull on the lead norm, but when out lamping he is total differnt dog, when he really wants to go he as massive strength. He aint no bigger than your dogs 26in 72lb, but his tenacity is full on i am 6ft 13 st and he will pull me no prob :yes:

i can see what you mean, but if i did that with my bullx , he would have you off your feet. As said its strange really as he dont pull onthe norm, but when out lamping he is total differnt dog, when he really wants to go he as massive strength. He aint no bigger than your dogs 26in 72lb, but his tenacity is full on i am 6ft 13 st and he will pull me no prob :yes:

I guess thats Bull crosses for you! maybe try some heavier boots! lol