My Fowling

Went down to feed today just some peelings and a few handfuls of barley took the dogs for a walk now I have never shot a goose and don't very often get the opportunity, as I walked I heard some coming over the farm behind me turned out to be just two greys honking like good uns.......

Typically I had no gun and admired then as they flew right over me and well in range:(

Next time

Jay

Went down to feed today just some peelings and a few handfuls of barley took the dogs for a walk now I have never shot a goose and don't very often get the opportunity, as I walked I heard some coming over the farm behind me turned out to be just two greys honking like good uns.......

Typically I had no gun and admired then as they flew right over me and well in range:(

Next time

Jay

Sods law mate if you dont take the gun you will see loads, never mind you seem to be doing good as it is :victory: :victory:

Keep up the good work ;)

• 2 weeks later...

hello jayhawk. have ever tried chip cartons to attract the widgeon to your flash . we used them on a flash in my neck of the woods the widgeon where not coming in to the flash they where heading elsewhere but when we put cartons out on sticks and a little bit of calling they came teeming in . regards peter.

hello jayhawk. have ever tried chip cartons to attract the widgeon to your flash . we used them on a flash in my neck of the woods the widgeon where not coming in to the flash they where heading elsewhere but when we put cartons out on sticks and a little bit of calling they came teeming in . regards peter.

A wind up right ???

Explain

no mate no wind up put them out on small sticks just like pigeon deeks . put the chip tray deep end down ,so they move in the wind .we have also spread pieces of toilet role out around the flash works just as good night or moon no good during the day.if you dont have a widgeon caller make one with the brass heads from whinny and eley carts put one inside the other get a good snug fit dont forget to take out the primers then tap where the primers have been with a punch till you get the right call. we have been doing this for years no joke .

no mate no wind up put them out on small sticks just like pigeon deeks . put the chip tray deep end down ,so they move in the wind .we have also spread pieces of toilet role out around the flash works just as good night or moon no good during the day.if you dont have a widgeon caller make one with the brass heads from whinny and eley carts put one inside the other get a good snug fit dont forget to take out the primers then tap where the primers have been with a punch till you get the right call. we have been doing this for years no joke .

White chip cartons ???

I have a call and it works well

Cheers

Jay

Well I was on the foreshore for 6:45 this morning settled into the waters edge as the tide dropped away from me, got the flask out and waited, and so typical of fowling all that came into range were cormorants,seagulls,curlew,shellduck, and crows :(

I heard geese in the distance at times and the the call of a fowler the other side of the estuary three shots went off.... I hope he bagged!!

Two lone geese went over the water a little later but way out for me .... The same fowler having a pop at em but I watched them fly off.

Note to self..... I need a goose call

Can anyone recommend a good goose call

Jay