jab for keeping bitch of heat?

yes caspa there is a weeks course of injections to help bring a bitch in season i had it for my bitch who had never had a season because i was stopping her with tablets. she came in season a month after the course of injections . i got it from my greyhound vet .

yes caspa there is a weeks course of injections to help bring a bitch in season i had it for my bitch who had never had a season because i was stopping her with tablets. she came in season a month after the course of injections . i got it from my greyhound vet .

good thanks boyo :thumbs: was any side effects to the bitch?

I've only had my bitch jabbed once because of a challenge that was going on at the time, she won the challenge but i still don't think she was running to her full ability on the day, :no: would never do it again, :no: i'm a believer of letting nature take it's course. :thumbs: (haven't got a clue which drug the vet used but it wasn't f*****g cheap) :angry:

hy caspa no effects at all i had her on the human female pill to stop her coming in and she ran really well on it and after the course to bring her into season which i had to jab her every day for a week she had and reared 10 puppies with no problems or trouble . :thumbs:

Delvosterone is the jab to avoid, it usually sends a bitch off her running. I've used both Laurabollin and Durateston on greyhounds and never had any issues.

i used to use Durateston done the job well , but found that it fcuked up the bitches future cycles ( when looking to breed )
Guest born to run1083

Pg600 can be used to bring a dog in heat I think it's actually a swine flu jabs but for some reason makes them break down, mate had has a litter using it, after suppression jabs, problem with supressing them is them may never cycle properly again if used for long periods. Which can be gutting if you've got a bitch which is top class but can't be bred from

has anybody ever used a jab to keep a bitch from coming into season? does it effect their running?

yes storm iv used laurabolin and duratesion before, the laurabolin has had the less effects ,instead of a ML a month i used 1/2 ML fortnightly , when used this way i found an improvement in most bitches, it never put them off form...may be its in my head but i found laurabolin made my bitches a little more aggressive on the track, and the were chasing harder and not shuffling at the corners to avoid contact...but maybe thats just my imagination ....!! hope this helps....

how bout a jab to make them come in??????any info

yes caspa, iv used the jab to make them break, they usually come in two test tubes, 1ml of one, then the next day, a ml of the other, for 5 days, cant remember exactly what it was called but it is expensive, the bitch i had ,had a long heat,longer than usual , she would have stood for a dog for longer than normal, i got her served twice and she never had a single pup...but this bitch was jabbed most of her live to keep her from breaking before hand ...so many be that had something to do with the result...but i find the farm use multi Vitaim injectable always works for me..iv a coursing bitch there 8 year old, i injected her a fortnight ago and shes broke 4 days now!! and its totally natural..just a boast of health

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

my pal had a ex racing grey streit from the track that had been on these jabs an he bred it with his beddi whippet with the intention of keeping 2 pups back . . . when the bitch had the pups some had limbs missing , no tails an cleff pallat were part of there upper jaw and nose missing . . . :icon_eek: he pts all the litter . . . :thumbs: