ideal first car

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vauxhall chevette Austin Marina Austin Allegro Talbot horizon Hillman Avenger Fiat 126

Think twice about lying to an insurance company,, they live to rob you and will refuse to pay out at all if they smell ANYTHING fishy,, like saying you have a garage,, when you don`t

im 17 and I've got a defender 90, i pay £1100 a year and i think that is cheaper than anyone else i know who are insured on hatchbacks.

Posted Images

Mate I've got a 1.4 turbo diesel fiesta. Cracking we'd

Car. I can get the dogs in the boot. Baby in a car

Chair and whole load of kit for

Camping/holiday.

I get some looks pulling into the shows when the likes of

Rake are looking smarmy in their 4x4 :laugh: but it does

Me. Never missed a beat and is cheap to run

Want fish with that chip !!! hahahahahahahahah you widdnae say anything if it had a disabled sticker oan it, eh ??? :laugh::tongue2:

All I will say is forget 4x4, your a young fit lad so get out and hoof it. By the time you have paid over the odds for insurance, tax, fuel, repairs, tyres etc etc you will be selling your arse on street corners.

My first motor was a 1.7 astra van. Ultra reliable, cheap to insure, great on fuel and quite fast as well.

Fialing that get something like a scoda octavia estate or vw passat estate. Both ultra reliable, good mpg etc etc.

Jimnys are great wee cars but drink petrol like f**k and are very expensive to fix when something goes bang.

Oh and convince your mum to let you go on her insurance, if you aint working full time realistically its the only way to do it.

FTB

You can pick up a wee kangoo van or something along them lines for cheap, ideal for throwing the dogs in and even better with sliding door for hanging out with the lamp, my only gripe is unless your on permission, they not very conspicuous parked up at stupid o'clock in the middle of no where, people automatically think your on the thieve, oh and you might get a cyclist bounce off the back end if they come whoring it round country corners and not expect a van to be parked at the side :laugh:

defenders are quite dear to run arnt they ? and quite dear to buy ?:s

just depends how far you need to drive it and how you drive it, when i put my foot down i swear i can see the bloody fuel gauge moving. and they are fairly expensive to buy but you can probably sell them for more and they are a lot more fun than most other cars and they will do so much off road. but i also see it as i don't know anyone else who is on a normal policy with a normal car paying less on insurance.

im 17 and I've got a defender 90, i pay £1100 a year and i think that is cheaper than anyone else i know who are insured on hatchbacks.

You pay?? By that do you mean mummy and daddy do :whistling:

I could barely afford the bus when i was 17 and ive worked since i was 13!!

welll iv been working my arse of and beating at every oppertunity to save for car my mate just got given a decent wee pug 306 today by a guy in his dads work i needs new drivers wing as theres a wee patch if rust apart from that its like spotless

Insurance is a b@stard.

I had a 2.0ltr corsa when I was 17- soon got it took off me and a slap round the war off my old man when he seen me fcuking about in it and traded it in for a 1.9 diesel corsa van!. Bearing in mind I paid for my first car. That diesel corsa wad an embarrassment but never missed a beat and it got abused. Used to trail around the town in the van with 2 german shepherds in the back. When they barked the bloody thing nearly tipped over! Lol

Wish I had it now..... Be ideal.

Don't know how 17 year olds afford defenders + insurance + running it....... Mum and dad? :thumbs:

Disabled badge :laugh:

You pay?? By that do you mean mummy and daddy do :whistling:

I could barely afford the bus when i was 17 and ive worked since i was 13!!

as with most other people my age, unless you work full time how would you pay for it, well the answer is that you couldn't, i still have to pay for fuel and insurance. most other people my age could spend 1k or 5 on a car but would still be paying over 2k for insurance.