Hi pest controllers don't tend to charge per rabbit they ushaly charge by the hour, if there is an emergency you may then even charge a small call out fee, i charge £20 per the hour but business is slow at the moment as there is so many people willing to do it for the sport and poachers so have a back up plan in case , take into precaution petrol charges to farms equipment used, however pest control with requires 24hrs box traps, you want to negotiate a price with the landowner hope this helps atb!

me and my mate are just about to start up a tiny pest control company for the local farmers but not sure what to charge, like how much per rabbit or how much to lay some poison down and how much per rat caught in a trap.

any ideas would be great????? :hmm:

.................... :snack:

me and my mate are just about to start up a tiny pest control company for the local farmers but not sure what to charge, like how much per rabbit or how much to lay some poison down and how much per rat caught in a trap.

any ideas would be great????? :hmm:

.................... :snack:

I assume the OP is talking about bait boxes for rodents around farm buildings - at least I hope thats what he means for the sake of his own business reputation, farmers sheepdogs and being on the right side of the law etc!!

Edited by killbilly

I would suggest you go away and do some homework before you go "laying some poison down" and killing some poor buggers dog! How old are you?

You will have to register as self employed, pay tax,have proper insurance, suitable training etc etc etc don't play at pest control... you clearly have NO IDEA what you are doing. :wallbash::doh:

• 2 weeks later...

If I were u mate I would get on a course and get some gen ! If u go about like that. You will end up in stacks of trouble ! U priced in your public liability ? Cost of fuel etc ? Yet again have a go wonders give the pros a bad name ! Rsph level 2 pest managment course is where u should be looking

If I were u mate I would get on a course and get some gen ! If u go about like that. You will end up in stacks of trouble ! U priced in your public liability ? Cost of fuel etc ? Yet again have a go wonders give the pros a bad name ! Rsph level 2 pest managment course is where u should be looking !