Got a holiday abroad without kids, wife etc due, where would you go?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

F**k hunting mate you've got a free pass away im shore they dont come around every year id be off for some sun sea sand half naked young women and a bar full of cheap beer. The End.

Think i'd be torn between horseback hunting in USA or Europe, i prefer the US for the language thing but europe would allow me to take my own dog which i'd prefer to try

easten europe good hunting & fit birds.

Would love to try pig/deer dogging in Nz or Aus but as you said Biglurks, you've got to know people that do it in the first place.

Rake aboot, I've been to Scotland once before and got bit to sh*t by the midges! and was scared to let the dog off, too many reds about and far too many hikers with camera's to watch!! lol

Saluqihounds, I would love to try hunting on horseback!!! Wouldn't it be expensive to arrange though? There was a guy on here that posted a few videos of walking the dogs through some hills on Horseback. That sort of thing would be awesome for a holiday! it's just again finding people to do it with!

Would love to try pig/deer dogging in Nz or Aus but as you said Biglurks, you've got to know people that do it in the first place.

Rake aboot, I've been to Scotland once before and got bit to sh*t by the midges! and was scared to let the dog off, too many reds about and far too many hikers with camera's to watch!! lol

Saluqihounds, I would love to try hunting on horseback!!! Wouldn't it be expensive to arrange though? There was a guy on here that posted a few videos of walking the dogs through some hills on Horseback. That sort of thing would be awesome for a holiday! it's just again finding people to do it with!

There are some packages available in Kazakhstan, most in 4x4's but horseback could be arranged, the packages are expensive for what you get and most of it would hunting fox with eagles. I have some contacts if you were seriously interested in kazakhstan language would the problem there.

The US would be the best option and shouldn't be too hard to get something sorted. I already ride out with my dogs for mooches and for me there is nothing better. The same guys who's videos you are talking kind of put me onto Gaited horses as the perfect mount for going out with the dogs I think they ride Paso's, I have a 2 1/2 year old Rocky Mountain filly to back this coming summer she'll be a vast improvement on the bouncy Welsh cob I currently ride. I have all my kit, superlight tent, saddle packs, hobbles and tether etc for horse for week long riding and camping in the glens exploring the old drovers roads just me, my horse and a dog or 2 as far from modern society as I can get here in the UK.

6175514519_3a4e79fb4c_b.jpg

My Rocky Mountain Filly.

5655136688_50b5c46b3d_b.jpg

and my O/H's Welsh cob which I currently ride. It really is something else galloping flat out over open ground staying right with your dog as it is in pursuit of quarry.

Edited by Saluqihounds

Man that sounds good.... when we going!!! :laugh:

Doubt I'd need a horse to keep up with Tess though! good pair of running shoes and I'd be there with her!! lol

I've been checking out some prices online and it's cheaper to go to America for a horseback holiday than it is to hunt in Europe from horseback! :icon_eek:

£1000 will get you 5 nights in the French dordogne region, with one hunt on horse back, so Not exactly the Dog hunting holiday I'd thought about.

Probably best to try putting a post up on that staghound forum loads of folk on there, someones sure to be happy for you to tag along.

I have a friend in south africa whos niece run a horseback safari business, might be something else to consider, they only take proficient rider as you need to be able out trouble if you stumble upon it. Exciting stuff no doubt.

Edited by Saluqihounds