Advice

I have decided to take up air gun hunting. However, I'm struggling to find a suitable gun! I have a budget of £200-£250 - and fancy shooting rats on my permission and possibly a bit of pigeon decoying. Would one of the crosman king rat catchers be ok, or would I be better off with a decent springer?

Cheers :thumbs:

what you would probably end up doing, is getting it, shooting rats and birds, and find youd wana do a dash of rabbiting etc, and those king rat catchers are about 10ft lbs i think aint they? so it just limits your range slightly...go for a well know springer, loads flying about..my mate picked up a gas ram hw90k for 80quid, with just a few scratches, and it had a receipt with servicing a month before he had it...bargain

no, price range, accurate shooting, scope, and whatever else...best bets being an AAs200 mate...iv seen second hand set ups with pump and diving bottles £350...good little gun...why buy anything else? i did because i been eyeing up a nice kinky huntsman.for over yr and half...and the mrs wanted to do so...i would of told her off if i knew...(imagine that) but i had a great deal....anyway take a look at AA s200 or s400

and if your going to do lamping too..go for .177, easier to judge ranges...and if it kills it dark..it kills it in daytime...(whats real mans calibre?)

ATB robbbo

Hw95k !

Beat me to it!

For the budget you'll get an immaculate rifle with scope, used.

Will never cost you for CO2 and it is more accurate than the owner can be too:)

If you get a 95K I'd get a .22 as the recoil is softer and more pleasant to shoot. Just lop 5 yards off your chosen hunting limit with a .177 and enjoy:)

before anyone says..i know the diff between c02 and pcp..ffs lol

question is, have you ever fired both?

pcp being easier.springer being more "skillfull" as i like to put it..but i opt for pcp..simple lol happy new year :)

duncan..i will be with you withing jan or feb time mate :)

before anyone says..i know the diff between c02 and pcp..ffs lol

question is, have you ever fired both?

pcp being easier.springer being more "skillfull" as i like to put it..but i opt for pcp..simple lol happy new year :)and

duncan..i will be with you withing jan or feb time mate :)

I've had more springers than pcp's and ultimately I've ended up with a pcp for the last 5 years.That said, I can imagine worse fates than spending an airgun hunting lifetime with an HW95K. It's one class rifle.Being a springer, it keeps your rifle shooting skills sharp and honest as you have to use good technique, or miss the target.

Ps - Nice one Rob, pm when you're ready and up for it mate.