whippet and foxes

ive had patts that could kill foxes to ground , so there no disbelief in a whippet having ago but huntings not a wresling match in out kill the game and move on , ive stuck to that method of hunting no contest , cant beassed with all this whippet takes foxes so does lots of small patts lakies but , its not something, that i would go on about hunting game you use a dog thta suits the game , not a contest or a death struggle thats not whats poaching hunting is about in my eyes ,

Not sure if anyone gives a f**k about what you think whin? But you keep on telling us all anyway :laugh:

'it's not something i would go on about' - why the hell not, you go on and on and on about every other fecking thing :tongue2:

The gospel according to the reverand Whin. :icon_eek:

• Like 3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes some of them can and do , but it wouldnt be my choice of weapon. and contrary to popular belief you dont need a bull x.

all you need is a whippet built like this and no reverse gear

Summat tells me you are a youngster, not that its out to do with me, but here is my advice to you for what its worth, ive been running working whippets for a good few years now, and have always made i

Posted Images

Pointless going into this time and time again. :doh: There's those with the theory and those that have actually seen whippet sized dogs do the job on a regular basis.. Not ideal dogs for the job especially on a regular basis, far from it even, but then there are always exceptions to a rule.. :yes:

All ya ever here is bull x when it comes to fox etc what a load of shit they are the most overated lurchers out there collie/grey or Wheaton/grey will do it best

agree with you ther mate bull x's do the job but ive watched collie x do it and they impressed me more than the bull just smashing things

Mate you obviously seen some shite bull x then

is there any good one
  • Like 1

no gospel as im not religoius but saw enough to say what i see , get adog for the job and stop pretending

T

The thing is mate, who fecking claimed they were the best dogs for fox? What was said was that YES, it is POSSIBLE to kill foxes with a whippet. That was all. But you just cant help but wade in and tell folk how they are doing it wrong, and how much better you would do it. It's the same with EVERYTHING. You can't help yourself but slate everyone else.

• Like 2

i had a grew som e of my dogs have whippet grew in them they caut foxes but were not great on them so neve r botherd pestering them , but my bigger strong er collie grew caut them sharply and didnt flinch , if your going [bANNED TEXT] something m,ake it sensible , and above average sense ,i like whipps but no there capabilities so stear clear of them , but everbodys diffrent ,

ive had patts that could kill foxes to ground , so there no disbelief in a whippet having ago but huntings not a wresling match in out kill the game and move on , ive stuck to that method of hunting no contest , cant beassed with all this whippet takes foxes so does lots of small patts lakies but , its not something, that i would go on about hunting game you use a dog thta suits the game , not a contest or a death struggle thats not whats poaching hunting is about in my eyes ,

well, its a total different situation, a terrier to ground with a fox and a whippet above ground with a fox. a terrier can have advantage, as the fox can not twist and turn as well below ground, but can when above.

you get big whippets 30 pound plus and small foxes 14 pound plus so if he has the heart heel kill it ,but would i use agood racing rabbit odd hare dog on amangy fox only if it jumped up on me and there wa s nothing else to chase

That's the thing mate, you might not go out lamping them with your whippet, but what you going to do when it just gets up in the rough daytime when rabbiting? It's just the way it goes.

you get big whippets 30 pound plus and small foxes 14 pound plus so if he has the heart heel kill it ,but would i use agood racing rabbit odd hare dog on amangy fox only if it jumped up on me and there wa s nothing else to chase

That's the thing mate, you might not go out lamping them with your whippet, but what you going to do when it just gets up in the rough daytime when rabbiting? It's just the way it goes.

That's the same with any dog is'nt it? Even my ex had a shittly Toy Poodle that just wanted to roll in fox shit and chase deer and foxes when off the lead.

Hmm maybe I should submit an article into Countrymans Weekly?

Yes mate i suppose it is. I was just making the point to whin, that despite the fact that i fully agree that a whippet is a poor choice of dog for hunting fox, if one gets up out of cover, there isnt much you can do to stop the dog pulling it, these things happen. And i would be disappointed in the dog if it didnt manage it.

Not sure if anyone gives a f**k about what you think whin? But you keep on telling us all anyway :laugh:

'it's not something i would go on about' - why the hell not, you go on and on and on about every other fecking thing :tongue2:

The gospel according to the reverand Whin. :icon_eek:

whin the whipping bitch is off again!!!!! :yes:
  • Like 1