My Pup's 1st Catch

Hi guys!

I decided to take my pup Samson (3/4 whippet x 1/4 bull) out to watch some ferreting on Sat to get him used to being around ferrets and to start learning his role. After about an hour and a half of watching what was going on he seemed to get the jist of what was going on and i decided to let him off the lead to see what he did. straight away he was on top of the warren watching and waiting.

not 2 mins after the ferret disapeared two rabbs bolted. one was caught easily in a net, but the other had somehow managed to get free. for some reason the rabbit thought the best route to safety was across an open field and Samson knew immediatly what to do.

Chasing accross the small field he dissapeared into the treeline. crap. but as we got to the treeline we came across samson still with the live rabbit. brilliant! just need to get his retrieve sorted now, but i was over the moon!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72453491@N05/6542759521/in/photostream

oh right.. i will make ammendments

he's a little over 6 months - i know some of u will be up in arms saying he's too young, but he was only watching until he caught this one, then he was straight back on the lead and I let him enjoy his catch

oh right.. i will make ammendments

he's a little over 6 months - i know some of u will be up in arms saying he's too young, but he was only watching until he caught this one, then he was straight back on the lead and I let him enjoy his catch

great stuff mate. :thumbs:

looks a good healthy rabbit must be some dog as he is very small and puppish good read, i liked it when he coursed it over the open feild and caut it , youlle be proud of him, dont let him do to many as heel get found out as they all dont play fair,