coyotes across the pond

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LIVE ACTION!!! Big day for me and Steady, Frank and Jim's hounds ran the bygod out of em all day. Only 1 was caught ahead of the hounds and that was so we could get the hounds caught and go home. All

cracking photos just a shame you guys get all the fun

Wow there bigger than I thought,thanks for sharing

FIRSTLY MAY I SAY THANKS FOR TH E POST ,secondly pics second to none ,great insight to running one could a great adveasary in the yought which they are that without a doubt . the red and white animal his the double of those i kept and have passed on to like minded hunters in the uk .those to be lucky enough to live in a free zonelong may this be so atb bunnys.

Those Yotes are about the size of our running dogs! lol Guess your stags wouldn't struggle too much taking our dogs down either

its not the size of the dog in the fight pal.......

But a good big dog will still beat a good small dog.... ( not saying that the Stags would actually do it!)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the favorable responses. I went yesterday and only caught 1, we've had so much rain that the muddy fields are hard on the dogs and for me it's all about the dogs. I take some long turnouts, but not one that I think will damage the stags. I turned down 3 yesterday because they were on the wrong side of standing water or on the backside of a flooded ditch that was prolly 10' deep and running fast. I'll get em next time. This morning I loaded and jogged the dogs about 4 miles along the river on a sand road so they'll be ready tomorrow. My thoughts on them eating the corn is that it's been laying and has got wet and soured, maybe they were drunk when I caught em??? Thanks again! <>LP

Weve been and caught (and missed) a few Yotes with TomCat, and ive ran Yotes in many different states, and his are the hardest to catch that ive seen!...long turn outs (average id say of around 1/4 mile law for the yote) and almost all runs going over the mile mark, couple that with big, strong, hard fighting coyotes and you'll soon see what your dogs are made of!..lol.

Glad your getting out mate, and i hope to get out your way again soon! Just keep all them donuts away from that boy!..lol.

Love to Linda xoxox

Awesome stuff mate. Always fascinated with american staghounds but you seem to be a rare breed (on the internet anyway), and a lot of hunters in the US seem to steer clear of sighthounds, don't know why when it seems you've got some of the best running dogs available on the planet. Good to see you doing your part to keep the culture alive over there.

Steady, you're welcome here anytime! It woulda been a circus if Stuntman was here! Thanks for riding along and helping spot game, and taking the pics. I just hope you didn't run out of milk duds on your way home! DAN, post any pics you want anytime. Seems like these guys enjoy em. I'm gonna get after the coyotes again in the morning, we'll see how it goes! <>LP