dearhound/greyhound cross collie/greyhound

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the top one was a very good dog till he past in the field and the next one is his nephue

If they never took fox,that would be possibly down to their entering or poor breeding,compared to a purpose bred hare dog the vast majority of rough coated lurchers will come second.The Deerhound-Grey

yors has changed a bitt lol looks very well

Posted Images

Ive got a dog had him at the end of last season when he was about 16mts old,hes doing ok,i use him mainly on fox(shot)....with hounds,and has taken in excess of 15 so far this season and a few bunnies also some other quarry with another older dog,he got a bit of brain about him which suits me has i want a bit of a thinker for what i do,he stands at 23tts,il get a pic up tomorrw..good old fashioned type CANT BEAT EM ;)

ones we had in the eighties never took fox we used them for hare rabbit pheasants etc , not bad dogs , but no big shakes compared to the purpose bred hare dogs nowadays

If they never took fox,that would be possibly down to their entering or poor breeding,compared to a purpose bred hare dog the vast majority of rough coated lurchers will come second.The Deerhound-Grey/Collie-Grey was bred as an allrounder,to fulfill a multitude of tasks,something the right ones excelled at,as a fox and venison dog,in the past,they more than held their own and on the heavier,rougher terrain had few equals.As in all other lurchers its usually poor training and entering that results in dogs not attaining their true potential.
  • Like 2

ones we had in the eighties never took fox we used them for hare rabbit pheasants etc , not bad dogs , but no big shakes compared to the purpose bred hare dogs nowadays

If they never took fox,that would be possibly down to their entering or poor breeding,compared to a purpose bred hare dog the vast majority of rough coated lurchers will come second.The Deerhound-Grey/Collie-Grey was bred as an allrounder,to fulfill a multitude of tasks,something the right ones excelled at,as a fox and venison dog,in the past,they more than held their own and on the heavier,rougher terrain had few equals.As in all other lurchers its usually poor training and entering that results in dogs not attaining their true potential.

Spot on matie, and probably the best all rounders ever bred where from this or very similar breeding..certianly in my neck of the woods..

the ones I worked and saw on ate foxes,

I only ever worked bitches of this breeding I usually enter them between 30-40 weeks, and begin to graft them propper at around 42-44 weeks on rabbits, Ive had them killing at 6 month though rabbits,

This bitch is the best all rounder of this breeding Ive seen in the last 30years

b08924b0.jpg

The black one below is her grand daughter (not as good an all rounder, but killed more rabbits) and the black and tan is her great grand daughter

YEALLAANDPUP1b-1.jpg

The blue is another great grand daughter

1688339d.jpg

Edited by Romany