lurcher indoors of a night

hi i just need some thoughts on my dog shes been bred outside and kennelled with other dogs , just lately she creates when on her own in the kennel , i got her at 20 months , im really happy with her but the barking drives me mad its not constant but enought, do you think she could be lonely ? i have an 8 week bitch pup to go in with her as soon as shes jabbed , just wondered peoples thoughts on this cheers n88

Why would letting her join "the pack leader" in the house pansy her up. It will strengthen the bond between you and she will require more energy to maintain condition outside, the cold saps energy that has to be replaced. You don't have to have her in the heated section, ours lives in the porch, out of draughts, but out of the bitter cold too and "with the pack" that she is now part of.

Dogs are pack animals, subjecting them to a life of solitary confinement is not helping to get the best out of them - get them to work for you through love, not fear.

Hard is as hard does, not how hard is treated. Do you really want a "hard" dog? Or would you rather have a GAME dog?

• Like 3

I t won't make your dog soft, but make sure any food or bins are put out of the way because I don't know any lurcher that wouldn't go rooting for it once they're left alone around it! :laugh: Greedy b*****ds! :D

My dogs been in the house since we moved as the move had unsettled him and he was hell bent on escaping. He's fine in the house but pissed up his leg when he goes out so gets washed off and stuck I'm a cage till he's dry. He's like a pig in shit at the mo getting spoilt by my little girl ;)

I keep one lurcher in the house I love having him in the house he just makes me laugh as he is a dum fecker lol

Mind I've got three younger sister who play with him all day lol he keeps them busy and vise versa but he does nick food any chance he gets so I've got to keep an eye on him lol

But If I had the room in the house all the dogs would be in side

Atb lads

J/D

Why would letting her join "the pack leader" in the house pansy her up. It will strengthen the bond between you and she will require more energy to maintain condition outside, the cold saps energy that has to be replaced. You don't have to have her in the heated section, ours lives in the porch, out of draughts, but out of the bitter cold too and "with the pack" that she is now part of.

Dogs are pack animals, subjecting them to a life of solitary confinement is not helping to get the best out of them - get them to work for you through love, not fear.

Hard is as hard does, not how hard is treated. Do you really want a "hard" dog? Or would you rather have a GAME dog?

Agree 100%. There are travellers with caravans parked not far from where I live .I walk my dogs past there caravans quite regular and there is a black whippet type lurcher tied outside a small ramshackle kennel, no blanket or anything in the kennel, no coat on the dog on these hard frosty nights I recon it amounts to cruelty.

• Like 2