keepin a dog quiet in a kennel

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its called separation anxiety, seems to affect a lot of shepherds, he doesn't like being apart from his pack and that's you If it gets too bad you have two choices, either a lot of training a bit at

bark collar or a hose pipe

Very very difficult with an adult dog. Firstly, i'd excercise the fecking legs off it as often as possible & give it sommat to occupy it whilst its in there. I'll be honest I don't know much about

one of my lurchers used to bark at everything from leaves blowing, cats and any noise and wine every time i went into the kitchen so i put the hose pipe at the top of the run because when he winged or barked he stood at the front of the run then every time he barked or wined i turned it on he soon got the msg that if he did it he got soaked it didnt take long for it to stop and to this day he no longer dose it.

Its called separation anxiety, seems to affect a lot of shepherds, he doesn't like being apart from his pack and that's you If it gets too bad you have two choices, either a lot of training a bit at a time or pts, some will come out of it, some just wont
a neighbours shepherd finished up in the military after its owner had a stroke .. Edited by the_stig

Very very difficult with an adult dog. Firstly, i'd excercise the fecking legs off it as often as possible & give it sommat to occupy it whilst its in there. I'll be honest I don't know much about those anti-bark collars but they can and do work i''m told and if all else fails, shoot it, thats sommat I do have expierience on.

Best of luck. ;)

:laugh: nothing like getting strieght to the point :laugh:

Its exercised for st least 2 hours aday he has toyd and a stuffd bonr but he stil has not stoppef. iv heard mixed reviews on the collsts and knowing my luck it will not work

them sort of dogs need more than 2 hours walk.bark coller will tame it

Its exercised for st least 2 hours aday he has toyd and a stuffd bonr but he stil has not stoppef. iv heard mixed reviews on the collsts and knowing my luck it will not work

them sort of dogs need more than 2 hours walk.bark coller will tame it

Thats nothing to do with constant barking. You'll find GSD' in yards that never get walked but only bark when they are supposed to.

Why dont you try a Mikki muzzle they can still whoof so to speak but not full on bark..they can still drink water with them on but should not be left unattended for long period's..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mikki+muzzle&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=IozrTqW9FM_e8QOw-rihCg&ved=0CIgBELAE&biw=1280&bih=854

• Like 1

Pain free cheap and practical.. :thumbs:. i use one and i cant fault it..not for barking but fighting..but from experience they can't bark when it's on..

I'd have thought that would have hindered it............... :whistling: