keepin a dog quiet in a kennel

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its called separation anxiety, seems to affect a lot of shepherds, he doesn't like being apart from his pack and that's you If it gets too bad you have two choices, either a lot of training a bit at

bark collar or a hose pipe

Very very difficult with an adult dog. Firstly, i'd excercise the fecking legs off it as often as possible & give it sommat to occupy it whilst its in there. I'll be honest I don't know much about

Very very difficult with an adult dog. Firstly, i'd excercise the fecking legs off it as often as possible & give it sommat to occupy it whilst its in there. I'll be honest I don't know much about those anti-bark collars but they can and do work i''m told and if all else fails, shoot it, thats sommat I do have expierience on.

Best of luck. ;)

• Like 1

Very very difficult with an adult dog. Firstly, i'd excercise the fecking legs off it as often as possible & give it sommat to occupy it whilst its in there. I'll be honest I don't know much about those anti-bark collars but they can and do work i''m told and if all else fails, shoot it, thats sommat I do have expierience on.

Best of luck. ;)

:laugh: nothing like getting strieght to the point :laugh:

Its exercised for st least 2 hours aday he has toyd and a stuffd bonr but he stil has not stoppef. iv heard mixed reviews on the collsts and knowing my luck it will not work

end off the day it should not matter how much it cost if u want the dog u will pay

Its called separation anxiety, seems to affect a lot of shepherds, he doesn't like being apart from his pack and that's you

If it gets too bad you have two choices, either a lot of training a bit at a time or pts, some will come out of it, some just wont

Edited by ginga john
  • Like 3

I have two rescue Lurchers. One of them starts the other off and you can hear them along way off. I bought a citrus collar. Not a cheap one at £68 and he stopped instantly. Only trouble is other one can set it off. Poor sod, but this only happens occassionally.

Bark collar (electric) is probably your best bet. I have a dog ( german wirehair) that is a dedicated barker. He's learned to bark just once. Pause, then bark once again. This prevents the collar from administering a shock. It's kind of funny, and tolerable.

Good luck!

Can You post a photo of Your kennels and set up,Can the dog be shut in when Your not there ? Does he bark at night when Your there ? is he on a chain or kenneled ?

A barking German Shepherd in the right hands can be a good deterent for both You and Your nieghbors

One thats constantly barking can be a pain in the arse

How old is he ?

Hes round bout 12 month old and he is o n a chain in my front yard. the kennel is 6ft long by 3ft wide by 3.6 ft high. he does not bark at night and when we are in it is only when someone he does know goes near the gate. we bought because we had trouble with kids round bonfire night some little twat put fireworks through my letter box. i cant put a picture up as i am only on my phone any help would be great ta tom