so whats classed as a jacker

Reddawn sorry mate but how do you know most dogs on here are jackers and most have never been tested or worked hard enough.

In my opinion a jacker is a hare dog that pulls up midway through a course, a lurcher that will course it's quarry then will not pull it (fox) that is or again pulls up mid course, and a terrier that comes out before you break through.

Iv'e seen lurchers yap at the back of rabbits and saluki x's yap at the back of hares but still see the course through and catch the quarry would anyone class them as a jacker?

Would anyone class a terrier a jacker if it stood of it's quarry and barked and didn't go straight in and get a face full?

well going by the folk i have met off here, what i have read on this site id take an educated guess as to say most the folk on this forim with dogs dont get out enuff to test a dog, how many nites a week do you think is acceptable to lamp a dog??? a fit healthy dog?? the way i see it, most folk just dont have the time to test there dogs, there will be folk who have all the quarry they need on doorstep an guys that travel a few times a week, but not everybody is in that position..

i agree dogs that pull up for no good reason are jackers, dogs that yip on a chase aint for me, but if you or anybody else has got 1 an it catches even tho it yips, then i wouldnt call that a jacker, a dog that barks at his fox is a jacker,

as for the terrier question, it would all depend how far off it stood i suppose, but no a terrier which dont rush in an take a mouthfull aint a jacker, uness its not where you need it to be at the end of a dig, but ill admit im in no way a terrierman :victory:

Edited by reddawn

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feck me, ten ton of variables on what is classed as a jacker on here, this is my tuppence worth.   First off a yapper ain't a jacker! Seen plenty of dogs that were loud down the beam kill foxes for

Any dog will jack if he is ran hard enough,they are only dogs not f*****g machines

A "jacker" to me, is a dog when, say, running a hare and it gives up or doesn't try, when there is nothing obviously wrong with it. No "heart", "minerals", "bottle", whatever you want to call it. A do

Reddawn sorry mate but how do you know most dogs on here are jackers and most have never been tested or worked hard enough.

In my opinion a jacker is a hare dog that pulls up midway through a course, a lurcher that will course it's quarry then will not pull it (fox) that is or again pulls up mid course, and a terrier that comes out before you break through.

Iv'e seen lurchers yap at the back of rabbits and saluki x's yap at the back of hares but still see the course through and catch the quarry would anyone class them as a jacker?

Would anyone class a terrier a jacker if it stood of it's quarry and barked and didn't go straight in and get a face full?

my friends got a collie whippet and it squeals when it gets close and

When the hare - rabbit turns when we first ran this dog we thought it was hurting so we took it to a few easier spots and we realized it was squealing in frustration when it went for the grab and missed we had to run it in the day to notice this. I am new to this hunting dogs but what I have realized is evryones situation and expectations are different and this is why there is always someone getting slated on here as long as your dogs please the man or women who feeds them is all what matters so asking on here what makes a dog a jacker is pointless coz evryones situations are different dogs are different and expectations are different just my novice opinion good luck

my friends got a collie whippet and it squeals when it gets close and

When the hare - rabbit turns when we first ran this dog we thought it was hurting so we took it to a few easier spots and we realized it was squealing in frustration when it went for the grab and missed we had to run it in the day to notice this. I am new to this hunting dogs but what I have realized is evryones situation and expectations are different and this is why there is always someone getting slated on here as long as your dogs please the man or women who feeds them is all what matters so asking on here what makes a dog a jacker is pointless coz evryones situations are different dogs are different and expectations are different just my novice opinion good luck

I wouldn't say your friends Collie/Whippet is a "jacker"; I'd say it was over matched, especialy on hares, and it's yapping due to frustration !

Cheers.

• Like 2

old saying sticks out for you red "those that live in glass houses" how can you do, what you say you do, you live on here ffs,and theres not bin one post or picture of you out doing these numerous rabbits, come on lad shed some light?

the dogs that yips could be unfit and is usualy a yip in frustration, as long as the dog has every intention in catching said quarry in my eyes its not a jacker.

as for terriers if you get the end result and the terrier hasnt engaged for me thats a good thing as you can use the same dog sooner,a dog that causes you to make numerous drops or keeps showing,well thats upto the owner to decide.

• Like 3

Problem is tgat to many on this site love there we dogs an make up excuses for there pets but if somebody elses dog done what there dog did they would call it a jacker there is a saying love is blind take the wool away from your eyes a dog that doesnt run at everything its put at is a jacker a dog that gives up is a jacker a dog that barks is under pressure no reason a dog should lift its head in a course bred for running should put everything into what is infront of it if it doesnt its a jacker my opionen

• Like 1

old saying sticks out for you red "those that live in glass houses" how can you do, what you say you do, you live on here ffs,and theres not bin one post or picture of you out doing these numerous rabbits, come on lad shed some light?

the dogs that yips could be unfit and is usualy a yip in frustration, as long as the dog has every intention in catching said quarry in my eyes its not a jacker.

as for terriers if you get the end result and the terrier hasnt engaged for me thats a good thing as you can use the same dog sooner,a dog that causes you to make numerous drops or keeps showing,well thats upto the owner to decide.

was wondering how long it would take you to mention my name on the boards again shaun, we can do this all day an night if you want :yes: so because i dont post pics of what i catch i dont do it :hmm: so wheres your threads :hmm: funny thing is i been out way a good few of this site an they know what me an my dogs do, as for everybody else, i couldnae gee 2 flying fooooks, now run along :bye:

Well I've come across a lot of dogs that make a racket when on prey meaning things that bit but they don't give in until death but all that means a lot is fitness. I've seen dogs get bit then run back to motor then week after go out and smash things up a lot of people think or its cum off its jaked the dog needs a chance like a lot of things need chances jaking 4 me is a dog that runs round in circles aving quick nip then baking of barking