last week was her first proper night out lamping on her own. it started out a good night with a few good runs on bunnys, then the last run she set off turned it a few times thought it was goin to get a kill then about 6 more bunnys jumped up, an its head went one way an boby went another then a big yelp an she twisted her front lower leg so that was that home time. so i left it for a week an just walked her she seemed fine, so i thought i would go out tonight she had two runs an she came back limping... have i left her long enough... any ideas what it could be...is there anything i could give her... she is 10 month an is a saluki grey x weaton grey minshaw, tia

Think you've answered your own question mate, if it's the same injury then no you haven't given her long enough off. Have you checked her over to find out exactly where she's injured? You say lower front leg, could it be her wrist? If you're not sure how to check her over could anyone else do it for you. As for giving her anything or treating her you really need to find out what the problem is before you can move forward.

the wrist is a funny thing if its twisted! tendons and cartlidge get stretched or compressed the longer you leave it the better and when you do return start off lightly only a couple of runs at a time regardless of whether the dog seems fine one too many and its fecked again build it up over a period of time..id rather waste a season getting the dog back up to fitness rather than waste a dog because i couldnt be arsed to wait,,look after it mate and it will come right and do you proud.ATB and good luck. :thumbs:

• Like 2

No mate, not long enough. Back to garden for a crap and thats it for 2 weeks. After that half hour tops per day lead walk only for 2 weeks and see how she goes. I use "no bute devils claw" to help with bruising and other internal muscle and tendon injuries. Its not instant but it certainly does help. Give 20 ml a day for 1 week. If she is in pain 1 asprin twice a day for a couple of days will help keep her comfortable untill the body can get started on healing.

Phil I left my 2 year old bitch for 6 weeks after she done her wrist, first time back out running she came back limping. She might not run properly all this season but I'm prepared to wait it out. I just let her go in the yard at the minute and she lies about the house the rest of the time

Try a decent greyhound vet? Unless you know excatly what the injury is it'll be hard to treat. Be very careful, I ruined a bitch by starting her too early, not knowing what was wrong when she got hurt and not giving her enough time to heal. Never again. Make sure you dont do the same

• Like 2

Try a decent greyhound vet? Unless you know excatly what the injury is it'll be hard to treat. Be very careful, I ruined a bitch by starting her too early, not knowing what was wrong when she got hurt and not giving her enough time to heal. Never again. Make sure you dont do the same

Agree with Tyla