some birds come over

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the keeper was any good he'd have kept his birds on his own ground,his fault if they wander and get took by someone else on their land.We all know it's only to do with money(with running a shoot)an

bloody well said old chap,,, i can talk just the same has rich gun men,, WHY SOME 1 WANTS TO POINT OUT ON HERE OR ANY OTHER SITES WHATS A LEAGLE BEAT S ME, 12345678 WAS IT NOT A LEAGLE DOING WHAT YOU

It does indeed make you wonder.....   I went to London to try and save hunting. If I thought for a minute that I was marching to give people the right to wander around at night shooting pheasants o

Posted Images

If this was a debate about shooting Hares (or Foxes) at night, we'd have had several snide comments about how unsporting it is, and that there's only one 'right' way to take that animal.

So judging by the complete lack of such comments, am I correct in assuming that everyone must think that shooting Pheasants on the roost is sporting? :hmm:

Far from sporting.........But if some find it a good way of taking one for the pot, filling a freezer, or selling a few; then I'm not going to judge them ! "Let Him Who Is Without Sin, Cast The First Stone", or so they say !!

Cheers.

Maybe, or is it just that some people have double standards?

Well, as I've been on a hare shoot, (Shock, Horror !!), lamped foxes of the back of a 'keepers truck with a rifle, been on formal pheasant and partridge shoots, as well as my other nefarious countryside activities, I doubt I could be accused of double standards.

Cheers.

I can't see how you seem to think I was accusing you (or any other particular individual)??

Thats fekin good going their robert i always found they flushed like feck on a night of a full moon and so never botherd as big bags were always made on good moonless windy nights

yeh they get very spooky when theres a big moon and no wind,,,, always thought that old poaching song was wrong,,, "its my delight on a shiney night"

• Like 2

I am dead against poaching be it game birds or ground game .

But I see nowt wrong if a person falls on hard times taking birds /game to put food on the table for him/her or family.

But poaching to feed friends or to make money is clearly wrong .

Also lamping birds at night is well known to be illegal plan and simple if thats the case in this thread then the thread should be pulled.

If the birds where taken legally in daylight hours then fair enough but I think its would be pot kettle black calling the minted owners of the said estate that shooting them on driven day is unsporting when they are creeeping around with a rifle popping them off :gunsmilie:

Cheers Cookie

ye dont need a lamp cookie,, they are silueted against the night sky,, quite easy to see :thumbs:

That's why you're finding them b***tards to spot in the firs!! lol

And that's a joke before anyone else gets a pang of guilt, and feels they've got to defend themselves :thumbs:

Thats fekin good going their robert i always found they flushed like feck on a night of a full moon and so never botherd as big bags were always made on good moonless windy nights

yeh they get very spooky when theres a big moon and no wind,,,, always thought that old poaching song was wrong,,, "its my delight on a shiney night"

Yes it was obviosley wrote by some body who had not done owt lol.

nothing wrong getting afew and when the lairds had big shoots 3to4 thousands birds even better , locale a shoot borders some of my land i hunt they let anywere betwen 6 thousand and more an dif you feed them in youlle get enough to keep you happy ,in the eighties it was profitable fiver a brace , now the way to go is aplucker oven ready to restraunts youll stil get 3 pound abird but a bit of work , ive got mates with shoots never ever thought of taking there birds but the big states they had plenty

best nites ive had dark feching wet an da bit hard rain as one it muffles your foot steps in decidous woods at this time of year an ddthere not as keen to fly in awet strong wind ,last week when we had strong winds you could had took your chioce

your right theres nothing sporting, in shooting a phes at nite,,, its not about that,,its proberly one of the oldest, haunts there his between man and lurcher,,, its great feeling, just you and your best mate, going out in the dark,,, you have a great bond, more so doing this than any think.. thats what its all about,, your heads looking north all nite and your dog his under your chin ready to take part,,,, this shoot next door to me ground,, release,s 15,000 birds,,,they shoot 3 times a week,,,doing 250 mark,,,

Edited by robert michem

ye its good sport and fun , saw dogs looking up waiting for the drop but before my time guys never took dogs was the folding four ten seventies etc , no dog as some nites a dog can spook birds ,but i like a dog as ive pushed game out small woods and had [bANNED TEXT] bit of sport , ther alot of places localy if you have walked abit were there plenty wild birds remininces of the big estates in there prime always good for half a dozen ,yeras ago we had the bsa webley and scott , and guys before that folding four ten ,had some nites jim they were that high you had to realy be on form as they were wild as hell then other nites not much higher than the lenth of a barrel ,

Birds get leathered on every bit of ground surrounding our local shoot (and on it) for the simple reason that the keeper is a grade A CNUT! I have keepered and been on plenty of shoots and the more time I spend with them the less I can stand them, especially some of the ignorant rich tw@s that shoot, some of the pickers up who have spent stupid money on well bred dogs just so they can breed the arse out of them and the beaters that walk round sucking up to the keeper in the faint hope that they will get a bit of shooting off him. There are decent working class lads out there who shoot but they tend to be found on the smaller syndicates and those are the ones who's birds i'd leave well alone, they're also the lads who would probably let us on to do some rabbiting/ratting and gamebird protection.

• Like 1
Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

His ground, his birds, simple.

Well done Jim.

Cheers, D.

So what about the law of our land

If somebody want to break the law and shooting phesants at night crack on but to post your actions on the world wide web shows there not the sharpest toool in the box.

Cookie

His ground, his birds, simple.

Well done Jim.

Cheers, D.

So what about the law of our land

If somebody want to break the law and shooting phesants at night crack on but to post your actions on the world wide web shows there not the sharpest toool in the box.

Cookie

I'm pretty sure its only illegal if you illuminate them ;)