some birds come over

39 guests looking at pheasants.

On your land they are your birds, had shoots purposely feed to bring birds into the area and not put birds down.

There is always a surplus that spread from the shoot, most peoples rough shoots rely on birds from other shoots.

Least the old chaps enjoyed them, known a few shoots in Hampshire where the game dealer doesn't bother picking up the birds because they are flooded.

Shame really, they should donate the birds to people.

Actually most peoples rough shoots release some birds as well so they cant be accused of stealing the neighbouring estates birds. A rough shoot syndicate if they have an ounce of decency will put down atleast half what they shoot in a season. Respect!!!!!

stealing? if a wild bird wanders on to someone else's land it's no ones to steal. Or are you saying they aren't wild birds and you shoot livestock for fun? he has not done anything illegal so you have't a leg to stand on. It's the same old coursing lads don't like hares being shot and the shooting community dont like birds being taken with dogs. It's going to happen, deal with it.

Of course theres wild birds.........but lets not pretend thats what these are. And yes i see it as stealing................so you deal with it!!

haha take your head out of your ass and give it a shake and maybe next time think twice about shooting MY hares that wander onto your land... deal with it

1...I wouldn't dream of shooting a hare

2. How much was these hares you own...i'd like to know where to buy some?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the keeper was any good he'd have kept his birds on his own ground,his fault if they wander and get took by someone else on their land.We all know it's only to do with money(with running a shoot)an

bloody well said old chap,,, i can talk just the same has rich gun men,, WHY SOME 1 WANTS TO POINT OUT ON HERE OR ANY OTHER SITES WHATS A LEAGLE BEAT S ME, 12345678 WAS IT NOT A LEAGLE DOING WHAT YOU

It does indeed make you wonder.....   I went to London to try and save hunting. If I thought for a minute that I was marching to give people the right to wander around at night shooting pheasants o

Posted Images

Its not stealing in the eyes of the law mate and before you shoot me down I can see your point of view and kindae agree with you, I can appreciate the time and the money invested in these birds and also the effort put in managing the land, not forgetting the money it generates to the surrounding communitys :thumbs:

Yes mate its been done a million times the auld legal and moral debate....but i wont change my mind i view it as stealing. Theres alot of things that are legal that folk wouldn't like.....like some c**t shagging yer girl behind yir back.... :D

so your only gripe is the fact that you have to buy the birds, if your that bothered than put a high fence up and clip their wings. Oh and it might make half of you look better shots shooting lob sided birds :toast: lol.

Ok brains thats a f*****g great idea.....problem solved, cheers!!... :thumbs:

Apart from the legalities and morality of it; isn't it a good thing that some turn their hand, (and dog), to something else when the full moon is up ?

Cheers.

I can appreciate that as well chart but I see where labs coming from, the odd one or two caught by the dog on a wee mooch is great but there should be a line drawn somewhere, all aboot respect :thumbs:

If this was a debate about shooting Hares (or Foxes) at night, we'd have had several snide comments about how unsporting it is, and that there's only one 'right' way to take that animal.

So judging by the complete lack of such comments, am I correct in assuming that everyone must think that shooting Pheasants on the roost is sporting? :hmm:

• Like 3

If this was a debate about shooting Hares (or Foxes) at night, we'd have had several snide comments about how unsporting it is, and that there's only one 'right' way to take that animal.

So judging by the complete lack of such comments, am I correct in assuming that everyone must think that shooting Pheasants on the roost is sporting? :hmm:

Far from sporting.........But if some find it a good way of taking one for the pot, filling a freezer, or selling a few; then I'm not going to judge them ! "Let Him Who Is Without Sin, Cast The First Stone", or so they say !!

Cheers.

• Like 1

Far from sporting.........But if some find it a good way of taking one for the pot, filling a freezer, or selling a few; then I'm not going to judge them ! "Let Him Who Is Without Sin, Cast The First Stone", or so they say !!

Cheers.

Maybe, or is it just that some people have double standards?

it is when there in fir trees there a b*****d to spot,, :icon_redface: this sort of thing is never going to be agreed on between shooting men and poachers ,, its just the way it is...........

• Like 1

Cheers.

Maybe, or is it just that some people have double standards?

Well, as I've been on a hare shoot, (Shock, Horror !!), lamped foxes of the back of a 'keepers truck with a rifle, been on formal pheasant and partridge shoots, as well as my other nefarious countryside activities, I doubt I could be accused of double standards.

Cheers.

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

I am dead against poaching be it game birds or ground game .

But I see nowt wrong if a person falls on hard times taking birds /game to put food on the table for him/her or family.

But poaching to feed friends or to make money is clearly wrong .

Also lamping birds at night is well known to be illegal plan and simple if thats the case in this thread then the thread should be pulled.

If the birds where taken legally in daylight hours then fair enough but I think its would be pot kettle black calling the minted owners of the said estate that shooting them on driven day is unsporting when they are creeeping around with a rifle popping them off :gunsmilie:

Cheers Cookie

Im a bit confused the way this thread is going. :hmm: .i may of missed something but has the thread starter actually said he shot them on land he was poaching..or infact keepered land...i did not see him say that so he get's a thumb up from me.. :thumbs: ..i have shot many over the year's in similar circumstances..

But i dont agree with knacking bought in keepered bird's for a shoot..

I am dead against poaching be it game birds or ground game .

But I see nowt wrong if a person falls on hard times taking birds /game to put food on the table for him/her or family.

But poaching to feed friends or to make money is clearly wrong .

Also lamping birds at night is well known to be illegal plan and simple if thats the case in this thread then the thread should be pulled.

If the birds where taken legally in daylight hours then fair enough but I think its would be pot kettle black calling the minted owners of the said estate that shooting them on driven day is unsporting when they are creeeping around with a rifle popping them off :gunsmilie:

Cheers Cookie

ye dont need a lamp cookie,, they are silueted against the night sky,, quite easy to see :thumbs: