forgoten collars

matt b

A phonecall from a mate last night , you and stu up for ferreting Tommorow mate , got some new permission on arable farm and farmers going crazy about the damage being done to his crop ! love to I replied quicker than I could think see you at 8 chap! on this occasion I left my ferrets at home as mate wanted to give ferries a run no problem I thought cocentrate on the young dog I'm bringing on anyway us 3 netted the first most likely bury to hold rabbit and went to ferrets bollocks he said left me collars at home oh well I've used them with out before theyl be ok ferrets now down 1 rabbit bolted and pursed lovely next hour ferrets still down and all quiet nothing shown and the next hour 1 ferret surfaces and 1 laid up mate said you 2 pick up nets take that ferret and go on to next good looking spot so of we went while he stayed for the layed up ferret an hour, two fields away and 12 rabbits later phone call got the little bugger , nice one mate get over here some good action going on 10 mins later he walks round corner looking a lot happier when we left him and sets his box on floor oh well got her back and with that his face went blank his lid was open a the ferrie done a runner we couldn't believe it completely gutted he said you 2 carry on ill go look for her we quickly got nets ando ferret packed up and went looking for ferrie an hour later looking and still no sign the dogs bee lined straight for our truck after a bolting rabbit and lo and behold ferris came out of hedge she was quickly caught up and he gave a sigh of relief I'm going to have a smoke he said and openend up truck door to get baccy and on his seat was 2 collars you can imagine the banter after that but excellent day thanks mate you Muppet