Is There A Price You Would Put On your Working Terriers (please read)

we paid 250 for are bitches and 200 for are dog in the uk it then cost me and my mate 3 thousand between us to have the bitches brought over to holland 15 tun a time seprate occasions petrol money train costs either way a few bags of weed and a cuple of brass for the lad who brought them it culd all be a waste if they are quitters but its the chance we take and me personally dont think there is a price on a dog you have bonded with and even more so if its a good worker<what i havent experianced yet> if its not then its down to yu to swallow your pride and do the right thing and not to be blinded by love for the dog if ars fail they will never be put down or passed on they will be spade and kept as pets for ratting and genral mooching at the moment more or less untried money cuddent buy my dogs dont care what was offerd

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It doesn't matter if its a terrier, lurcher, retreiver etc with out our dogs there is little we could achieve. How do you put a price on them, people on here try to make out there just tools not worth

I have paid for dogs in the past when things have went "pete tong" so to speak. Losing a few seasoned dogs in a year is hard for any man. Sometimes you think you have it all, then on the flip off a co

if in a position were you have a good kennell of dogs your happy with then you should always be prepared that at any second you can loose a member of your team as its a dangerous job they do thats why

Ideal price.... £0

Once you have a good bunch of dogs between mates, you can take turns breeding to keep you all well dogged, using the best of the bunch to breed.

You pay enough for the locators and all the gear etc and Im a working man so this talk of 5/6 hundred quid for a dog, is not something Ive ever had to resort to. But maybe if I was totally screwed for a dog I would consider paying a couple hundred if I knew the parents were decent tools.

• Like 1

a fully working dog 100% seasoned and well proven -- £500-600 .. dog just starting few digs under its belt £375 .. pup from working stock £175.. stud fee £150 ..

Where did you dream up these numbers?????

imo thats what the value of a terrier should be ... never sold a dog in my life and never will ........ Edited by the_stig
  • Like 1

I know im knew to all this and my dog is still but a pup, but surely if a working dog is viewed by some as a tool for a job then it should be priced in your own head as such, if you were a tradesman you wouldn't buy black and decker you would want to pay the bigger loot for makita or dewalt, so i think if your dog is a grafter you should price it mentally as such. Just my personal opinion, im not interested in using my dog as a sire and wouldn't sell him for the world even if he turns out to be as lazy as my kids.

A terrier I might rate as a black n decker could be another mans makita !!!! Think about that !!

I know im knew to all this and my dog is still but a pup, but surely if a working dog is viewed by some as a tool for a job then it should be priced in your own head as such, if you were a tradesman you wouldn't buy black and decker you would want to pay the bigger loot for makita or dewalt, so i think if your dog is a grafter you should price it mentally as such. Just my personal opinion, im not interested in using my dog as a sire and wouldn't sell him for the world even if he turns out to be as lazy as my kids.

A terrier I might rate as a black n decker could be another mans makita !!!! Think about that !!

would you want a makita tradesmans tool or a black and decker on your team of dogs mudd? just curious dude

would you want a makita tradesmans tool or a black and decker on your team of dogs mudd? just curious dude

I'm not into brands off tools dude. I'm into terriers and I have a grade I like them to meet, like most people. Some people may be happy with a dog that I wouldn't entertain and maybe viseversa that's all. U get me now ?

500 for a worken terrier :icon_eek: piss me sooner get somethink from the dogs home.most lads in the game know where to get somethink. not long put a working terrier down for not beeing dog frendly.could have sold it for a lot of money.

• Like 1

I'm not into brands off tools dude. I'm into terriers and I have a grade I like them to meet, like most people. Some people may be happy with a dog that I wouldn't entertain and maybe viseversa that's all. U get me now ?

yeah i get you, but you dont seem to be grasping my point dude, some on here see there dogs as just tools of the trade, and as such surely if you want a tool to do a job then your tool should be priced mentally in your own psyche as better than the BnQ diy/hobby brand. Thats the point i was trying to make dude

Guest busterdog

A terrier is only as good as it's last dig (or two), i wouldn't hesitate to put a spewer under the sod becuase it's a tool but i still wouldn't sell my tools to anyone. I have given many a good terrier away to lads i thought could use it better than me " some working styles and sizes just don't suit everyone" but i still don't and can't put a price on a good terrier.

• Like 2

god forbid it won t happen to me again, but a really good earthdog out if your own stock is priceless should it happen i would like to think my mates would sort something out to get me back at it as they did the last time , these days i run enough dogs on to ensure i allways have reserves

yeah i get you, but you dont seem to be grasping my point dude, some on here see there dogs as just tools of the trade, and as such surely if you want a tool to do a job then your tool should be priced mentally in your own psyche as better than the BnQ diy/hobby brand. Thats the point i was trying to make dude

Yeah I agree with you there, same difference !!!