Is There A Price You Would Put On your Working Terriers (please read)

Without your own stock of dogs you would struggle to start again if all was to go wrong e.g. (lose a cupple in a year) and i feel in this situation i personoly would be willing to spend big to get back on the ladder if i could'nt be helped from a friend at the time.

But the question i ask is, is there a price any of you would consider for a one of your best dogs if asked upon or is the question not to be thought of ???.

personally my answer is no based on the time and effort put into an established terrier and not wanting others who you don't trust using your stuff and also for me i would not like to be using dogs in witch i did not no there backgrounds of.

Just something to try and get a discussion out of nothing else thank you........................................................................

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It doesn't matter if its a terrier, lurcher, retreiver etc with out our dogs there is little we could achieve. How do you put a price on them, people on here try to make out there just tools not worth

I have paid for dogs in the past when things have went "pete tong" so to speak. Losing a few seasoned dogs in a year is hard for any man. Sometimes you think you have it all, then on the flip off a co

if in a position were you have a good kennell of dogs your happy with then you should always be prepared that at any second you can loose a member of your team as its a dangerous job they do thats why

I personally think a working terrier doing the job fully and a joy to own should fetch money of £500, and I would pay that... if I was in a dilemma I would pay more then that to own a great dog doing it all.

I know we speak of working mans prices but were living in a day where everything with dogs is about the ££££ which is a shame, but i believe £500 region to be justified

good blood is few and far between unless your in the right crowd to a friend a dog from me is for nothing £50 a pup and a ready to go dog's price is negotible if not needed by myself i like to give a struggelar an oppotunity but there is never a guarantee with a ready to go dog and a worker from me is never for sale.

It doesn't matter if its a terrier, lurcher, retreiver etc with out our dogs there is little we could achieve. How do you put a price on them, people on here try to make out there just tools not worth £500 for a dog. But what about when your in the pub recounting tales of a epic dig that took hours to find the dog nose to nose doing you proud, or a difficult runner that retrieved text book infront of a line of guns, the lurcher that fills pot day or night. When you can spends hours telling stories of past and present dogs for hours there are priceless in my opinion.

• Like 11

I wouldnt part with any of my dogs-for any amount ,the enjoyment i get from watching them do what they were breed too do out weights any sum of money-and a proper "doing everything and more"dog is very hard to come by.good dogs full stop are getting hard to come buy-so much shit and false promises out there with all the f*****g dream sellers.

• Like 1

I have paid for dogs in the past when things have went "pete tong" so to speak. Losing a few seasoned dogs in a year is hard for any man. Sometimes you think you have it all, then on the flip off a coin you can end up with a few empty spots in the yard. Hard to pull yourself back from. The best dogs I've had have been for free, from digging partners or friends off friends. anything I ever bought in was a waste of time, that's just my experience though. I've had a few gooduns down the years and believe me money has been very tight at times familywise. But I couldn't put a price on any off my dogs past and present. If they do the job for me they stay with me no matter what.

• Like 5