Is There A Price You Would Put On your Working Terriers (please read)

Im in this boat now :( its a very deep fcuking hole. Going to limp through till the end of January and cross my fingers ill find something.

if you could go out now/today see a dog working and be offered would you pay 500 notes for it -- to get you over this season ?

I dont know (head is not straight enough to think). If I said yes id have to be 100% sure the dog is not stolen and trust the mans word on how he represents the dog. In reality it'd probably cost me more than £500 to go and travel to get something decent... ce'st la vie.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It doesn't matter if its a terrier, lurcher, retreiver etc with out our dogs there is little we could achieve. How do you put a price on them, people on here try to make out there just tools not worth

I have paid for dogs in the past when things have went "pete tong" so to speak. Losing a few seasoned dogs in a year is hard for any man. Sometimes you think you have it all, then on the flip off a co

if in a position were you have a good kennell of dogs your happy with then you should always be prepared that at any second you can loose a member of your team as its a dangerous job they do thats why

I personally would not sell a working terrier as they are too hard to come by imo.I dont know too many that would sell a worker,i do know of plenty that will sell shite terriers and tell you there working just to get your hard earned cash.Only recently one of my diging mates bought a dog in good faith only to be let down,the dog spewed and he only got half his money back,the worst part is another one of the lads i dig with has 2 pups in his kennels of this same dog,why people lie about a dogs working ability is beyond me as the 1st time the buyer takes it out he will know ,f*****g arseholes.

• Like 2

I personally would not sell a working terrier as they are too hard to come by imo.I dont know too many that would sell a worker,i do know of plenty that will sell shite terriers and tell you there working just to get your hard earned cash.Only recently one of my diging mates bought a dog in good faith only to be let down,the dog spewed and he only got half his money back,the worst part is another one of the lads i dig with has 2 pups in his kennels of this same dog,why people lie about a dogs working ability is beyond me as the 1st time the buyer takes it out he will know ,f*****g arseholes.

hear hear

:thumbs:

if it was a case of hanging on to your permission and wanted the seasons sport -- and you needed a dog quick and the right dog came up -- @ £500 i`d snap it up and think it was cheap .. about the same money as a n reg astra with a bit of tax and test ---

You just cant put a price on good stuff (lurchers or terriers).......it takes so long to get to a point that you are happy with, loads of dissapointment along the way, loads of time invested with no reward.........money just cant buy that imho if you are serious about the standard you want to keep and I wouldnt sell any of mine for any price.

When it comes to buying something, then I beleive its more about the stock than the money, the price is purely secondary......take time, do your homework, be sure would be my advice.

Load of people will try and sell you all sorts of shite with marvelous tales of past victorys dating back over generations of breeding, dont be fooled.....at least 50% of the time, its all bollocks.

Get to know people, get to know there stuff and its style......if you are happy with it, then when a litter comes along see if you can get one and if there is a price tag, then pay it if its what you really want.

As I said, jmho

Most guys with awesome dogs aren't trying to sell you anything and they aren't trying to talk anybody into taking their dogs. Why would they want random people taking on their dogs. Good dog men are begged for their dogs. They don't have to brag anything up. The dogs do the talking. I'm not saying good dog men don't sell dogs. Just saying they don't have to talk up their stock.

• Like 2
  • 7 years later...
5 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

If I'm honest a load a bollicks and a stupid question to ask anyone who would even have half a dog wouldn't sell em I'd rather sell me body to the village people

You couldn’t charge to much seen you a bit of a fat ugly cuut ??

Its been said already on this thread and its the only answer that is right... money and dogs shouldnt come into the equation, no matter what breed of dog it is from an earthdog to a springer and every type of working dog in between... if you have to look for money off another man with the same interest as you that will give the dog the work well then your at nothing. Some day you might want the favour returned. Its hard enough find decent dogs off good stuff without having to pay stupid money.  There will be money after us , it will come and go, as soon as money comes into it greed takes over and the game is f****d, if your hunting with decent lads they will not look for money for a pup ... and as for putting a price on a full working dog, theres some things that dont be sold and thats one of them.

• Like 3