Is There A Price You Would Put On your Working Terriers (please read)

A few of us who choose to hunt jagds co-operate on the import and export of dogs. I am currently holding in quarentine two pups for a man in Australia that has a difficult time getting dogs. I am not charging him a dime for the pups or my time. He is covering the vet costs and the transport as would be expected. I have also sent this man frozen semen and not asked a dime for it, and he has helped me as well. We all work together to get what we need and will continue to. When I am done with a dog, I will gladly hold it for him if he is in need. That said I have never looked down on a man who chooses to sell dogs. The dog will give you reason enough to like or dislike what the man is about. I have friends who disagree with me completely. But these are my views and I own them.

• Like 1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It doesn't matter if its a terrier, lurcher, retreiver etc with out our dogs there is little we could achieve. How do you put a price on them, people on here try to make out there just tools not worth

I have paid for dogs in the past when things have went "pete tong" so to speak. Losing a few seasoned dogs in a year is hard for any man. Sometimes you think you have it all, then on the flip off a co

if in a position were you have a good kennell of dogs your happy with then you should always be prepared that at any second you can loose a member of your team as its a dangerous job they do thats why

It doesn't matter if its a terrier, lurcher, retreiver etc with out our dogs there is little we could achieve. How do you put a price on them, people on here try to make out there just tools not worth £500 for a dog. But what about when your in the pub recounting tales of a epic dig that took hours to find the dog nose to nose doing you proud, or a difficult runner that retrieved text book infront of a line of guns, the lurcher that fills pot day or night. When you can spends hours telling stories of past and present dogs for hours there are priceless in my opinion.

well said one of my mates who trials labs had a phone call from america,asking him how much did he want for every lab in his kennels,being the man he is,all i could see was pound signs in his eyes,he asked me to put a price on them,i said dont be so daft as to sell them all you will have to start all over again,he didnt sellmpion them and the next year he won the championship,and drew about £50,000 in stud fees from the one dog
  • Like 1

myself i would not sell my dogs i have been offerad money for my dogs you see i only paid for one dog in my yard and she is still a pup 7 month the rest i got off good friends like my good dog murt when i went for a hunt with my good mate down the country with some LADS THEY SEEN HIM WORK never said anything to me but said to my mate to ask me wouid i sell my dog so my mate came to me and said the lads wants to no would you sell the dog now the money they were giveing me was good money i had a good think and when you think all the time you put into the dog bring it out working it getting it use to you from when its a pup getting it the way you want it is it wort selling my answer to that was no

Great Topic! if for any given reason my partner sold any of our terriers he would be made homeless! I have in the past spent a small fortune on dogs that have ment to be doing the bizz but have not lived up to what was expected! so lesson learned there but at the same time i bought our best bitch in i guess its a case of one mans junk is another mans tresure!

I know of a guy that basicaly enjoys taking a quality prospect and finishing it out only to sell it and start all over. I have seen a couple of them and they are nice dogs. No question about it. But the pay off can't be the money, because it just doesn't seem like enough. I doubt I could do it. But I can't find fault with him doing so. People are different and that's no big deal. JM2C

Im in this boat now :( its a very deep fcuking hole. Going to limp through till the end of January and cross my fingers ill find something.

if you could go out now/today see a dog working and be offered would you pay 500 notes for it -- to get you over this season ?

Im in this boat now :( its a very deep fcuking hole. Going to limp through till the end of January and cross my fingers ill find something.

if you could go out now/today see a dog working and be offered would you pay 500 notes for it -- to get you over this season ?

dont think waz would have to pay anythink bud.he knows a few in the game.

dont think waz would have to pay anythink bud.he knows a few in the game.

in wazs words its a deep hole and he`ll limp through to january and cross his fingers he`ll find something ... ok then what if he did`nt know anyone in the game -- feck me split hairs or what ...
  • Like 1

fcuk me its hard enough to get a well bred pup ,bring it on and get it to make the grade.Thrust me i know ,iv brought up pups only to have them walk ,iv bought in terrriers that were suppossed to be doing it (my fault i know) and the c**ts were tragic.I wouldn take a grand for a working terrier

• Like 2

every thing has a pries Evan if it ant for sale i was keeping a pup back out of my last litter and my mate was having the other one but i got pestered for a bout 3 week's so i pout a SILLY pries off £700 on a 5 week old pup but told him where there was another litter was for £300 a pup the way i look at it is if thy will pay silly money for a dog well be it. i mite not be able to go strait out and get another but i will know where to get a pup from

Guest busterdog

fcuk me its hard enough to get a well bred pup ,bring it on and get it to make the grade.Thrust me i know ,iv brought up pups only to have them walk ,iv bought in terrriers that were suppossed to be doing it (my fault i know) and the c**ts were tragic.I wouldn take a grand for a working terrier

"Thrust you" :huh::D even with the Christmas spirit in me there's still not enough mistletoe in the world mate :laugh: .

• Like 2

"Thrust you" :huh::D even with the Christmas spirit in me there's still not enough mistletoe in the world mate :laugh: .

av lost three terriers this year and now av got nothing i would pay 500 for right dog but u just dont get them. am just going to have to get some pups and start again cant beleve it.